“Horrible experience”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My wife ordered the clams and I ordered the hush puppies for appetizer. I got my appetizer first. Immediately after I got my dinner I was two bites into my app and yet my wife still didn't get her app. She had order shrimp for dinner after her first bite they tasted funny and smelled like ammonia. I asked to speak to the manager. I told her to smell the shrimp and she said " I'm the manager I don't know about the food" REALLY. Then finally my wife's app clams finally arrived. I had the cod father sandwich. I couldn't eat the bread it was hard as a rock and the waitresses saw it and all she could tell me is at least everything inside was good. It really wasn't. Soda was good and the clams were ok. Definitely not a place I would go back or recommend

Reviewed 20 August 2014

First time there. Not much to eat in but take out was terrific. Had the crab cakes. Would definitely return.

1  Thank martin h
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family had two delicious meals here on our vacation. Four of us shared the lobster boil dinner which was a great deal, and a ton of food. All fantastic!! Tyrone would be so proud of his children for carrying on without him this summer. The place looks great, service is great, and food great. A can't miss opportunity.

1  Thank ShavaunR
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've never had lobster mac & cheese before, and was looking forward to it. The lobster was good and the quantity pleasing, but the amount of NUTMEG in the sauce was just overwhelming (and I like nutmeg). I hate to say it, but I may have ruined me from ever ordering this dish ever again.

Everyone else seemed to enjoy there dinners. A little pricey, but that's seafood at the beach... you just have to do it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my first time at The Claw, but I will make it a point to go back. The ambiance was awesome I loved the beach theme. The service was great, our server was helpful with answering questions about the menu and our group of 11 didn't seem to challenge him a bit. We ordered a few appetizers but the standouts were the hushpuppies. They were absolutely delicious and I ate way too many. Some of the entrees we ordered were the lobster taco, the halibut with wasabi and ginger dressing, the clam strips, the lobster boil, fish and chips, and tuna with lemon parmesan crust. Everything was fresh and super tasty, the portions were big and we all left with doggy bags. The price was great too. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Jerseylili