“Family, fun and fabulous!”
Review of Lobster Claw - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We had dinner tonight for a party of 12:) The staff was extremely attentive and the food was fabulous. We have food allergies in our family and they were very accommodating. Also, the decor is adorable and I want to know where we can buy those paintings. You must stop by this summer and get a bellyful of deliciousness!

2  Thank Laralbi

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had dinner this past weekend at the Lobster Claw on LBI. First time this season. This place has gone thru a great makeover. Décor is great, service is fantastic and food is wonderful ... huge change from last year when we went. Calamari was ok. I had the Lobster Taco. It was out of this world (and this is coming from a guy that lived in Maine for many years). My father had the haddock and it was excellent-very fresh. We certainly will be going back.

2  Thank Whit5020
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I am shocked that this being located on the Island that even though it is off season that I really couldn't get a decent seafood dinner. everyone coming through the door before us talked about the Lobster and I guess the hostess must have thought we were with that party and was quite snobbish towards us!! The Waitress was less than attentive and got worse as the time we were there went by. Our food must have been ready and she was too busy to bring it to us so the hostess delivered it. For starters everything was way overcooked it was so dark and dry and my Sweet Potato fries were dark and greasy needless to say we couldn't eat our meals and were totally floored at a $64.00 check for two entrees and two cups of coffee!! Happy Birthday to me!!!
Oh! I almost forgot, The tables had a sticky yucky feel that using towels from the bathroom couldn't even get rid of!! ewww jeeebies!!!!

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Lobster claw is an LBI institution which was recently renovated thanks to Superstorm Sandy. They serve the best New England clam Chowder I've ever had. Their fish is fresh and excellently prepared. We visited again yesterday and were delighted. My dining partner had Barnegat light scallops with wasabi ginger sauce which she said was excellent. I had a nice piece of sword fish in parmesan and lemon sauce which was also excellent. And they sweet potatoes! what more could you want? The service was perfect. The décor is simple but pleasant. If you're on LBI give the Lobster Claw a try.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The overall low ranking is simply not deserved.The previous negative reviews seem totally unjustified. My husband and I ate here last night, September 4th. The food was really very good to excellent. We wanted to eat seafood that was local. I had a huge portion of blackened swordfish. It was delicious. My husband had the broiled scallops which he also enjoyed. Both the sweet potato and regular fries were done nicely. Although the salad was just mixed greens, I had the wasabi dressing which was really good. The waitress was exceptionally nice and helpful. True the restaurant lacks ambience and is a bit austere following reconstruction from Hurricane Sandy. Wine glasses were available! We went here after being told that there was a 35 minute wait at a higher ranked place in Ship Bottom. We are glad we ate at The Claw.