“Great food,great owners,great place.”

Sandbox Cafe Surf City
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Description: The Sandbox Cafe Surf City is a gourmet Breakfast Lunch Cafe located just 2 miles north of the flagship Sandbox Cafe in Ship Bottom. The Surf City location is indoor seating and open most of the year. The Ship Bottom location is alfresco and open seasonal. Same great menus, now two locations.
Reviewed 24 November 2017

Went for Thanksgiving. Awesome dinner with all the fixin's. Staff was so friendly they put the "Happy" in Happy thanksgiving. Quick service, food was hot and tasty. Will be going back often.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We had enjoyed the Ship Bottom location, found it closed during the week (in Sept) so decided to try the Surf City location. While the bright pink and purple outside this building is a bit tacky, the decorations inside go one step further, murals, beach fencing, etc. look like a Dollar Store went out of business and they purchased everything and hung it all upon the walls. Never mind, the restaurant was immaculate, service friendly and efficient, and food terrific. We each had a lunch special: barbecued cowboy burger for hubby, and flatbread with prosciuitto, mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes for me. Both were excellent. The flatbread came with fries (really, how many carbs do you need), but the waitress was happy to change that out for fresh fruit (no jar stuff here, all fresh and yummy). By the time I was finishing my meal, the decor started to look quaint and cozy. Discovered afterwards that the Sandpaper (local newspaper) had a 1/2 off second meal coupon. Would have been nice if that was offered at the hostess station.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent breakfast. One of the best. We tried 7 items and liked them all. Friendly service and no wait here today. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I typically eat breakfast here once a year during our vacation in LBI. We are satisfied every time. They have good pancakes, waffles, french toast, and eggs. The menu resembles a breakfast diner. One time I trie bacon, egg, and cheese waffle sliders. They were my favorite! Great place for kids

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I ate here with my kids and had an outstanding breakfast with Jason as our server. He was hands down the best server at any restaurant I've had on this entire island, very personable and attentive. The food was excellent. Had their famous Parmesan egg bake and it was very very good, I saved half for later and it was even better the next day!

1  Thank marquicoco