“Sloppy Joe”
Review of Towne Deli

Towne Deli
Ranked #37 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My wife and I like to visit different delis to try their Roast Beef Sloppy Joes. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The Sloppy Joe we got today at the Towne Deli was a winner.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Grabbed a delicious Cuban sandwich from here recently and it was soo large I had to save half, which I've never had to do anywhere else. Friendly fast service, good deli offerings, easy parking, behind King's in Summit. I've also ordered their sloppy joes which are super.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Great for sandwiches and salads. Convenient. Consistent. Open early am for commuters. Summit tradition.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

I had to stop visiting this deli. With lines out the door during the weekend, I thought this would be my "go to" deli but after a few rough encounters behind the counter, I say see ya later. The owners/employees have to take a course in client service...their sloppy joe is not that good. Inventory is extremely weak as well. Huge store, great location but limited hours is a testament to the commitment the owners have. Closing so early that the train crowd can't pick up a sandwich past 6pm.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I no longer live in NJ, but was back visiting and had to have my Sloppy Joe "fix" - this place has fabulous sloppy joes! I got there at an "off" time and they made some up specially for me - freshly sliced bread, freshly sliced meat - what's not to love? Also got a plain turkey sandwich for a friend - SO much yummy turkey - she adored it! Super nice people working behind the counter - willing to help/make whatever you want. No wonder it's been there for so many years! Everything is home made - YUMMY.... Note that this is not a "sit down" restaurant - it's a take out kind of place - great to pick something up before hopping on the train!