“Family Lunch”

Summit Thai Cuisine
Ranked #40 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 27 August 2017

My son and wife decided to meet at this restaurant for lunch yesterday. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were greeted very warmly and escorted to our table. I ordered the #36 and my son ordered #44. Sorry I don't remember what my wife order. #36 was placed before, the amount of duck placed before me was noteworthy. As I am a duck lover the tenderness and amount makes me incline to place the same order next time we visit.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I have eaten lunch at the restaurant 3 times this week. Very good traditional Thai cuisine. Very reasonable prices although nothing is cheap here. Good service and a comfortable dining room.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2017

The restaurant is tucked away off of Maple Street. It is usually very quiet. They offer a complete variety of Thai food. The prices are fair and the food is good.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 17 January 2017

We eat here a few times a year and always enjoy the food. Favorite dishes are drunken noodles, pad thai, penang curry, peanut chicken and bangkok salmon.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2016

11 friends and I went to Summit Thai on a Tuesday evening in December. We were the only patrons. The restaurant had no other diners and did not have any take-out customers.

Food: Inauthentic & over cooked. We ordered several appetizers. I tasted the curry puff and the egg roll. Both were over-fried and as a result tasted like oil soaked mush. A friend and I split the Tamarind Duck and Drunken Noodles. Others in our party ordered the Peanut Chicken, another duck dish, a few curries, etc. My meal of duck and Drunken Noodle was terrible. The duck was over fried which left the skin very crispy but the duck dried out. The vegetables with the Tamarind Duck were barely cooked, not slightly cooked so that they would be warm, but still crunchy - pretty much raw. The Drunken Noodles were just disgusting. The chicken was over cooked and dry. The noodles obviously were reheated in the microwave - not freshly cooked rice noodles drizzled in oil as one expects. Also there was no kick or spice to the Drunken Noodle. I love Thai food and my mother is of SE Asian descent: THIS IS NOT GOOD SE ASIAN FOOD.

Service: our party of 12 were the only diners in the restaurant. When we wanted to place our appetizer order, we had to summon our servers twice. When we wanted to place our dinner order, we had to summon our servers. They provided water for the table regularly. Around 9:15 PM the "mood" lights were turned off and the brighter lights were turned on - instead of a server coming to our table and reminding our party that they close at 9:30 PM we got the "light" treatment.

Atmosphere: A very small dining room with very dated authentic Thai decor.

Date of visit: December 2016