“Great atmosphere, great food!”

Negeen Persian Grill
Ranked #47 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I ate at this restaurant on a recent Friday night with a couple of friends. This was actually my first time eating at an Iranian establishment so was a little apprehensive. However, with the help of my friends, we were able to select a dish that turned out to be a super winner! The dish I ordered was a rice mix with orange peels and other vegetables. It normally comes with a side of chicken, but I was able to substitute it for falafels (which were very tasty!) This satisfied my vegetarian requirements, and was happy the staff was very accommodating. The atmosphere was quiet - we had a nice corner table so felt tucked away. The owners were very friendly. (it's family owned and operated). I highly recommend a visit and will certainly be back when in town again.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Food was good. Server was nice but did try to tell us that our restaurant.com certificate was already used when she took my phone back to her husband. I explained that that didn't make sense since we had never been there before. I was able to get it to "work" and then she applied the $25 credit.

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank Christine L
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

The food here was super delicious, super yummy. I would recommend Zeresk Polo and Eggplant starter.
Superb restaurant. Amazing food. I would like to come here again.
They serve some seriously amazing Irani food. Each and every dish was just amazing. We overate and still wanted to taste their other dishes.
Server Negeen was very soft and explaining the dishes very well.
The food made my evening!!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I stopped into Negeen for a late lunch after having recently moved form Los Angeles to Summit, NJ. I was glad to have a Persian restaurant nearby.

The owner attempted to seat me at the worst table in the restaurant, even though I was the ONLY customer. I asked to sit a different more comfortable table and the owner refused.

I left.

Not surprised to see so many negative reviews here, especially about the service and rude owner.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Neegen is toward the edge of downtown so doesn't get as much traffic. The restaurant is very cozy and the food is good. The owners are amazingly nice but could do a better job introducing new items on the menu.

Date of visit: March 2017