“Solid place! Great experience!”
Review of Roots Steakhouse

Roots Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Roots is a great steakhouse with an equally great scene. Food is really good..and their popovers are amazing. Can be a bit pricey, but nice for a business dinner or special dinner.

While a steakhouse, still have non meateater options, too.

Worth a try!!

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

My second visit, this time with family. The restaurant was full, luckily we had booked. Although my steak was overcooked and my daughter's was undercooked the lobster bisque was outstanding as was the butter cake desert. Very friendly servers.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Made a reservation for 8:30pm to celebrate a birthday. Arrived slightly early for a drink. Stood at the bar. At 8:50 inquired with ladies at front desk as to status of our table. By 9:00pm, offered a free drink with an apology by the bartender - thinking table would be forthcoming. By 9:15, ask to speak to management, received another apology and would see what could be done. 9:20, asked for bar tab, told there was now a table ready, told them no thanks. Mgt. stated that drinks were on the house, and we left. I didn't sense any contriteness by the staff. When I made the reservation, I wasn't planning on having my entree at 10pm.

1  Thank TA1835
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Food is excellent, service is great.
Our table was not ready for the time of our reservation, so we were treated with free drinks by the Manager. It was well worth to wait..
Peach salad is highly recommended.
Reserve the vault if it's possible, because it gets noisy in the main room.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We come to eat here to celebrate with the kids special events in their young lives.
It is an elegant, classy establishment with a wonderful service and a special attention is given to the children.
The signature oversized pop- overs served with butter to start are delicious and loved by all. The kids get their main orders when the adults are enjoying their appetizers. My husband loved his oysters, the salads were good all around. I was tempted to order my usual lobster roll, but opted for a fillet mignon instead. It was a good choice as it was done to perfection. Everybody else was happy with their choices.
There was a bit of a delay in serving our ordered desserts - for a moment we thought we were forgotten. But it was worth the wait - the desserts are spectacular and enormous in size.

The manager noticed the delay at our table and as we were leaving handed me a nice box with what turned out to be a complimentary slice of their delicious cheesecake.
A small and unexpected gesture, but very much appreciated.
We will be back....