“Surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant”
Review of The HAT Tavern

The HAT Tavern
Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The menu includes a “La Frieda” blend specialty burger which is a naturally raised and hormone free graded USDA Choice Prime beef. We have a large selection of tapas appetizers, salads and “Jersey Fresh” locally grown foods including our homemade ketchup which is made from Jersey Fresh tomatoes and is a favorite to our locals. The drink selection is extensive with 20 craft beers on tap from all over the country, great wines by the glass and only fresh ingredients for all cocktails. For the young at heart, we have milkshakes, Boylan’s soda floats and Jersey shore fries. A fantastic Sunday Brunch is served from 11:30 am every Sunday. Available for private and semi-private parties.
Reviewed 27 January 2018

After long days in the office, who wants to search for a place to eat. I stayed in the Grand Summit 4 nights and dined here 4 times, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts. The breakfast is basic but good. Dinner was pleasant surprise, good soups, fast service, some variety to the menu.

Walter C, General Manager at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Keith, we're so happy to hear from you! Thank you for the fabulous write-up. It's wonderful that our tasty food and variety kept you coming back! We'd love to host you the next time you visit Summit!
-Walter C., Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2018

While staying at The Grand Summit Hotel, we tried the in house restaurant, We were excited to find great atmosphere with an outstanding menu. Highly recommend the calamari. Daily specials. Has a locals following. Great for all kinds of travelers

We're delighted to hear that both our menu and atmosphere exceeded your expectations! Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We look forward to sharing more meals with you the next time you're in town! -Walter C., Manager

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I have been to the Hat Tavern a few times and it never disappoints so I thought that I would add an updated review. The Sunday brunch buffet is always a standout. My in-laws' flight was cancelled due to the recent storm and their first thought was great- now we can go for brunch. There is a nice selection of fish, salads, fruit, cheese and a good omlett station.

Walter C, General Manager at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

This review made my day! Thank you for your show of support. We're happy to host you and your in-laws anytime! Wishing you all the best until we see you again! -Walter C., Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Not happy. I sat down and ordered lunch. Maybe 5 other customers in restaurant. Two large parties arrived 10 minutes after I ordered. Now it’s 25 minutes since I ordered. Still waiting for my sandwich. Next time I’ll just walk into town I guess. Losing faith in this place rapidly.

2  Thank Coleen W
Walter C, Owner at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Coleen, this is incredibly disappointing to read. I want to sincerely apologize to you and your group for the delay and long wait. hoping you could give us another chance that we could make it up to you. Your feedback helps us grow. I will address your experience with my staff.
Walter C., Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Great burgers. And nice selection of beer, even though I was served the wrong one. We also had breakfast the next morning, included in our stay. It was ok.

Walter C, General Manager at The HAT Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thanks for spending time at our place! It was a pleasure hosting you. Next time around, let us know if we bring you the wrong beer -- we always want to make things right with our guests. Hoping you'll visit again soon! -Walter C., Manager