“Great Italian Food...and very friendly service.”
Review of Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Ranked #25 of 70 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We loved our dinner. I had the lingiuni with clams and my husband had the chicken marsala. Started with the brushetta-excellent. Very generous, quality portions. Specials offered each night. A very nice, separate bar area and extensive wine list with all price points or by the glass. Service was attentive and friendly. A very nice dinner was enjoyed. Atmosphere is "bsuiness casual", but appropriate for family dining.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

A couple friends of mine--I'm not mentioning names here went out to eat yesterday at a place called Marco Polo's. Both are visually impaired. I'm told that when they walked in, there wasn't much action, yet there were three or four servers arguing about where to seat them. Some of the remarks they heard were, "don't want to deal with them", "don't know what I'm doing", "what are they even doing here?" Really? Is this how you treat your customers? They were finally given seats, and a server came over. At every restaurant I've ever been to, the server asks, "Would you like to hear today's specials?" Instead, my friends got, "okay, what do you guys want?" They told me it took forever for them to get their food. Something else I've noticed is the server coming around to ask if I would like anything else, how the food is, etc. Their server disappeared. They were never approached by anyone asking any such things. So one of my friends actually got up, found a bartender he knows, and explained the situation to her. She asked him to wait a moment, then came back and told him neither she, nor anyone else in that place, could find the server in question. They never even got their bill. So they technically could've just walked out, and no one would've even known. Instead, my friend asked the bartender if she could find out what their bill was, and ring it up, which she did. They payed and left, without leaving a tip. The consensus between myself and the two in question was that that bartender had been more help to them in the five minutes she was assisting them than their half-assed server had been at all. Call me crazy, but if I were the one running that place, a certain server would be out of a job as of that moment. As for the other servers who argued in the beginning, they either need a lesson in social graces, not to mention customer service, or to find another line of work. Is this how you treat your customers, Marco Polo? I know all too well that some people are put off by, or feel uncomfortable around anyone who is different than they are, especially if that person has a "disability". Some people are deliberately hostile, uncooperative, and unwilling to interact in a dignified and respectful fashion. But for goodness sakes, you weren't asked to feed anyone, You were expected to do your jobs. I personally would've interrupted the arguing at the beginning and said that this is my business walking out the door, because you can't behave like professionals serving a customer. No one deserves to be treated like that in an environment where it's supposed to be about the customer. And to add to it, I was told that the food was positively poor . Unbelievable... Walk the plank, Marco Polo's.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Marco Polo has been around for as long as I can remember. The food is always good and parking is not a problem.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Oh those daily specials!!!
They are a bargain and the quality is very good. I was there on Wednesday which is Seafood Specials night I had the 24 steamed clams. They were small but excellent!!!check their on line menu before going to select a night when the specials appeal to you.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I forget about this place. Every time we go for dinner I say we should come here more often. They make a great drink and the food is very old school Italian and delicious!
Love the Caesar salad and veal saltimboca. The stuffed flounder is great also if they have it. My husband likes the shrimp francaise
And chicken Marsala. We like to sit upstairs in a booth. Downstairs is noisier. Romantic it is not, but if you are looking for reasonably priced Italian cooking in a relaxed atmosphere with good service go here!

Been to Marco Polo? Share your experiences!