“I like this Greek American dinner”
Review of summit diner

summit diner
Ranked #6 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Every day you get a Menge of the day with a soup to an expensive price.
The hosts where Greeks and I like the meal very much.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

We had breakfast at the Diner today - first time in many years since we moved from the area. The diner is small, and has been well maintained over the years, i.e. new covering on the booths, etc. The service was excellent. Since the diner is small, there is only one waitress who can easily see when people need coffee refills, dishes removed, etc. The food is always hot, since it goes directly from the grill to the counter then to the table, very quickly.
The food was very good. My husband had fried eggs, ham and home fries. He said the eggs were done perfectly and the potatoes were really crispy on the bottom which is exactly the way he likes them. The ham was REAL, not that round, thin-sliced ham you get at most diners. I had French toast which was exactly the way I like it: thin, totally soaked in egg then well cooked. I dislike French toast that's thick and only coated with egg on the outside. I also had a side order of ham. I forgot how huge the portions are at the Summit Diner and after our fill, we brought home enough ham for a couple of sandwiches!
Although the diner is quite a distance from where we now live, I'm sure we'll make a special trip to eat there again.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

A fantastic historic diner in downtown summit. The inside looks like an old train car with wood trim. The food is great as is the atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Such a cute little old fashion diner. We stopped for breakfast close to 10:00AM. We were able to sit at a table. The menu is on the wall. My wife had pancakes and i had the western omelet with sausage links and english muffin. The food was delicious and large portion size. Our waitress services the whole place. I'm sure this place can get very busy.
This place is worth a visit and the wait. I will be back next time through.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

This is one of my first stops on my yearly visit with friends in Summit. I always get breakfast foods no matter what time of day I stop. The food is always good and freshly made. Everyone that works here in super nice. I wish I didn't live so far away from it!

Been to summit diner? Share your experiences!