“Good comedy shows-not great food”

scotty's steak house
Ranked #43 of 58 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2014

The shows are very good, but the food while a few years back was really good is not anymore. Not sure why unless they buy lower grades of food or different chef, but I would not eat there again. My wife and friends thought the same thing. Good bat though too to simply get a drink. Nice atmosphere.

1  Thank mark p

Reviewed 24 September 2014 via mobile

I've gone on multiple occasions. Had burgers, fries, cake, salad, ribs, chicken, coffee, drinks, and never had an issue with the food or service. I'm not the kind of person who goes out for holiday meals, but I've had their buffet too and I didn't see anything wrong with making multiple trips.
It's not swank, it's comfortable. If you're like me you like it. I eat at all kinds of events, banquet halls, hotels, restaurants, fast food, deli, my mom had a food truck, my uncle had pizzerias, I'm not a foodie, I'm a guy.
If you are hungry, they will definitely get the job done.
I go there when I'm near Newark.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We went for a Mother's day brunch.

We partly knew what we were getting into, knowing Scotty's isn't exactly known for their food, but it was the only place we could get a reservation.

Well, it was much worse than we could have imagined.

We were seated upstairs in the Comedy Club where the temperature hovered around 85 degrees and waitresses rarely ventured to remove plates and get drink orders.

Downstairs was a tiny little buffet with a 20 minute line that snaked around booths and the bar. The dishes they gave you were bread plates and couldn't fit more than a mouthful of food. Which actually ended up being a good thing, b/c you wouldn't want to eat more than that anyway.

The only way to describe the food is bad high school cafeteria food. It was barely hot, incredibly greasy, unseasoned, and overall just really, really, really bad. It was obviously packaged frozen food....except the mashed potatoes, which were the flakes that come out of a box.

After the meal we received our check with an automatic 20% gratuity. When we complained, saying it was buffet and service wasn't good anyway, they claimed it was in the advertisement and there was nothing we could do. Nice way to rip people off on top of the overpriced slop they tried to pass off as food.

Next year we book an earlier reservation or cook at the house.

Would love for this place to go out of business or find a way to turn things around. It's a great location and the area could always use another good dining option.

Sorry Mom!

2  Thank BethanyGooch
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Went here to try it out and was not impressed at all. Walked in and the place was like a ice box, no heat at all. Informed the waitress of this and she said they put it on, but it never did get warm in there at all. It was like eating in the freezing cold outside. Service was very poor and slow. Food was not great. Items arrived at our table cold, some hot outside and cold inside, such as the appetizers we ordered. You had to beg to get another drink out of your server. Don't waste your time or money coming here. It does not rate a second chance to try.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I really have nothing good to say about this joint except that the staff is friendly. This place needs a "Bar Rescue" Big Time! The decor is dated, dingy and in need of maintenance. The carpet is worn, the wooden floor in the atrium is buckled and has been since I was here about 2 years ago. Ceiling tiles are popped out. Basically, the place is a dump. I can pnly imagine what it looks like behind the scenes!
I had the Delmonico steak. I asked for medium rare, I got well done. The rice pilaf was a step down from Rice-a-Roni, mushy, overcooked and tasteless, the seasonal vegetables were just barely edible. My date ordered a steak salad, medium rare and her steak was also well done. She had worked there about 10 years ago and was sorry to see how far down hill the place has gone. This place is on my "X" List, meaning, I'll never go here again!