“Filipino Paradise”

Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Philippine, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Pinoy Filipino Restaurant provides food for the soul with an Asian flare. A combination of Spanish, Polynesian, Chinese and American; Filipino food provides for unexpected taste pleasures with a soul food feel. Rated the best Filipino Restaurant in Central New Jersey, Pinoy is located in the heart of the arts district, on Division Street, in the middle of downtown Somerville.
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Tried this place with my sister, our first time with filipino cuisine - it was out of this world! We started with the shanghai lumpia and it was just as good as everyone on here said! My sister got the chicken maria and it was phenomenal. I had the shrimp in a coconut ginger sauce (the name escapes my memory) and it was also amazing. The service was very warm and friendly- they accommodated our every request and the owner/chef was an absolute delight! She gave my sister a sample of her hot sauce and she loved it! Very spicy though- too much for my delicate palate (or as the owner called it: being a wuss)! Great experience; would definitely return when in the area.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Sherie C

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Decided to try their lunch buffet special today and we are certainly glad we did. We had never had Filipino food before.Their lunch buffet is an all you can eat, but they serve you meal, so the word buffet has a slightly different meaning. The food was delicious and different. The meal started with a salad with a ginger/ sesame made house dressing. Then we had soup which was a ginger broth with chicken and spinach. Each meal comes with jasmine rice and tasty glass noodles. We had fish cakes, a pork dish, a chicken dish, a beef dish, and a squash with a coconut milk sauce. Courses are refilled as you need them. Husband and wife team were very friendly and had good service. They make homemade ice cream but we were too full to try it. They have outdoor seating as well and they are on the pedestrian walkway in Somerville. We were really glad that we tried the restaurant today because everything we had was delicious. The menu changes so you can call to find out what's on tap for that day, but there is always a beef, chicken, and pork dish on the menu. They have a very interesting dinner menu as well, but this lunch meal was our first try. And might I add this great meal was only $10 on weekdays and $12.50 on weekends. Also, since this is a food that we had never had before, this was a good way to try some of the basics.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank giftedelaine
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

The food was fresh and really really good.
And the service was even better.
Thank you for a wonderful lunch. Great place to have lunch with my husband on his 50th birthday.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious food ...we tried the pork adobo, lumpia pancit and a fish special

All the food was very tasty (and I’m half Filipino from Cebu)

Highly recommend

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We had a very late lunch or early dinner at Pinoy's. We shared the Shanghai Lumpia as an appetizer - delicious with a fantastic dipping sauce. My wife had the glazed chicken and I had the shrimp a la Maria. Both were truly delicious! The food certainly tasted fresh and well-prepared. Perhaps because of the odd time, we had the opportunity to speak with husband Tyrone and wife Cynthia, the expert chef. Both were so friendly and and accommodating. The menu is not as large as some restaurants but it includes shrimp, catfish, port, chicken, and beef. Cynthia even makes her own ice cream - we had the "purple." We will definitely return and we recommend you give the place a try.

Date of visit: March 2018