“Great food, but service is not.”
Review of Martino's

Martino's
Ranked #10 of 89 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We have been going to Martino's for the past 15 years and the food has always been spectacular! However, the service has always been casual at best, and at our last visit, we realized that things have really slipped in terms of service. Firstly, they had neither the freshly squeezed lemonade nor the Cuban sandwich (and it was 7:00 PM only). Then, once we ordered other items we realized that their conditioning wasn't working in the second room. And lastly, all through our meal, we had to keep asking for things like water and napkin and lastly the check, all multiple times, before anyone paid attention. Good thing that the food was as good as ever, or I may have reconsidered going there again.
Again, their food is just as good as ever, but I do wish that they would just get their act together just a little bit.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Nice, casual Cuban restaurant with great food. I would have given it 5 stars for the food, but the restaurant is not 'plush' like a 5 star. However, the food is good, reasonably priced and its a BYOB, which I always like. I got the Shrimp specialty with a lemon sauce for $18--very good! My husband got a grilled steak dish, which he also enjoyed. Of course, my favorite part is dessert. They only have two desserts but can't go wrong with either: a tres leches cake or flan. I would have enjoyed decaf coffee in the evening with my dessert, but they do not have that. My favorite part, though, is that the desserts are only $5! Public parking is right around the corner.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and the Rop vieja is an amazing dish! Customer service is very good and the tres leches is very good !!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 8 June 2018

We went with friends and we hadn’t been to a Cuban restaurant in years but found that we were missing a wonderful experience. Food was very good, different from what we have at other restaurants. We will definitely go again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 7 June 2018

This is a wonderful Cuban restaurant find. Portions are large and appear to be authentic. Spice levels are variable in order to suit all diners. Prices are reasonable, service prompt and efficient.

Date of visit: May 2018