“I Love Boulevard Seafood”

Boulevard Seafood Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulevard Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 88 Restaurants in Somerville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow! I have dined at Boulevard many times over the last few years. The food, service and ambience has always been wonderful! I have a preference for sitting at the counter over-looking the kitchen and chatting with the cooking staff (I am a foodie :-)... they are so professional, and masters of the culinary arts!
I just read some comments on this site that amaze me because I have never experienced anything but top-notch food and service and a wonderful vibe.
(And yes, I have eaten at Vinnie's which is also good... see my review.)
Last I went, about a week ago, I had an appetizer that contained octopus... not normally one of my 'go-tos' but the person seated next to me recommended it and it looked delicious. And yes, it was delicious. We asked the chef how they prepared it to make it so tender and flavorful... you need to ask... I was amazed at the answer... much love, much care, much technique... all for our culinary pleasure!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first visit to this restaurant and although the food was excellent we probably will not be returning. We ate outdoors, which was very nice (obviously no great view but nice to be outdoors). Our waiter told us of the specials, but I asked if they had mahi mahi because I heard it being said at another table. And, of course, it was a special that he hadn't mentioned. We had to ask for bread several times and finally a different waiter got it for us, but it was cold. We had ordered onion rings and even after asking three times we never received them until after we had finished our dinner. As a nice gesture, they removed the item from our bill. If we could eat outdoors, we would come back but as it gets colder we would be forced to eat indoors. It was exceptionally noisy inside and it would be hard to have a conversation without shouting.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

This is a pretty good place. Went to lunch and tried ordering a few things they didn't have. That isn't a big deal as you assume the food should be fresh so some stuff might be sold out. There are just better seafood places out there, and much better places the next town over. It is in a great area and the server we dealt with was very nice. The lunch special is a pretty good deal, but if you want strictly the best seafood, just go to Uncle Vinnies 5 minutes away.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We have eaten at Boulevard Seaford four or five times and have never been disappointed. I very often have one of there fish specials and have enjoyed every one. As a rule I am not a fish lover but their preparations with the blend of flavors are outstanding. We have also had lunch there on two occasions when I had a swordfish sandwich which was great. I don’t recall the other ingredients but I lived it. If the weather is nice they have a small outside eating area in back.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

My family and I met here yesterday for a nice seafood lunch. Everyone in the party heard good things about the restaurant and we were excited to try it out.

We ordered many different items on the menu from raw oysters, to octupus and shrimp salad, and steamed mussels in delicious broths with fries on the side. I like the coconut curry broth the best. It was all very fresh with delicious recipes.

The service did a disservice to the well prepared food in front of us. First impressions are everything -- and we received a rude, somewhat arrogant and inattentive service for our stay.

Our waiter forgot to bring us extra glasses at least twice. Did not properly record the order as he had brought an incorrect salad. Also attempted to put food that was wrapped up to go, onto the floor.

He also did not offer to help us transition from outside to the inside when it started to rain. Even after that, he did not stop back at our table until we got fed up and asked the kid who was cleaning the table for the check. The waiter happily showed up then and hovered over those paying their bills while they filled out the tip. Very inconsiderate.

I'm hopeful that I had a new waiter or there was a reason why he was so busy- although it wasn't crowded in the restaurant.

Great food though.