“No longer a crowne Plaza... Now named "Hotel Somerset"”

Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
“No longer a crowne Plaza... Now named "Hotel Somerset"”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This is one of the hotels that could not make the cut when IHG launched their new rebranded chains. They finished the Holiday in relaunch (hotels with new sign), they are now starting on the Crowne Plaza's.... As for the Hotel Somerset i called to book the CP and was told that its no longer a Crown Plaza. Stayed at the HI across the street.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ski58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel is in an area with many hotels. I assume it is for corporate purposes as well as for Rutgers, which is nearby. I had stayed here 5 yrs earlier as my high school reunion was also held there. This time the reunion was nearby-- so I again booked here as previous stay was fine. The rate was astoundingly low. I assume this is because of much local competition as well as a quiet weekend. I jokingly asked for a "really nice room" and I was given a room on concierge level, at no extra cost. Room clean, very nice, with small balcony. All the small perks, though they did not have an in-room safe. I had a tablet with me and so on leaving I asked that it be placed in safe at reception area. They did not have room in the safe for it but obliged by placing safely and giving me a receipt. I say this because they were very accomodating in every way. Great deal if you are in this area!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
JRCPSomerset, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It is always a pleasure to see comments like this from our guest. We appreciate any feedback that is given so that we can continue to make each and every guest stay an experience that keeps them coming back.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This is my second stay here at the Crowne Plaza. Booked through Priceline and got a great rate. This is my idea of a perfect business hotel. Comfortable rooms; clean hotel. Restaurant is excellent; be sure to get a house salad; walnuts and cranberries; one of the best "house salads" I have ever eaten.
Excellent and friendly staff.
Was given free breakfast coupons. Asked for a newspaper at breakfast and was prompty given a USA Today. Even though I was getting the free breakfast buffet, a cooked-to-order egg white omelet was provided and it was delicious. This hotel caters to very large tour groups, but this does nothing to mar the excellent service.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the tower; excellent room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
PA
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Room had fridge which was nice. Hotel was pretty quiet. Front desk staff was average at best. Sink in the bathroom was clogged up with standing water when we arrived. Other than the sink the room was well kept..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
JRCPSomerset, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Thank you for your review on your most recent stay. We greatly appreciate it when our guest let us know how we are doing. Most of our front desk staff are fairly new and we continue to work with them to make them efficient in the manner that our guest expect.

We hope that the next time you find the need for a hotel in the Somerset area that you will give us the opportunity to host you again.
Stowe, Vermont
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Our drive north came to an abrupt halt in Princeton, New Jersey, when highways and bridges were closed due to Hurricane Irene. My husband and I then found ourselves among thousands of stranded travelers searching for a hotel room. Accommodations were almost impossible to come by, until we found a room at the Crowne Plaza. The hotel was 12 miles away from our location - a drive that took almost two hours because of the flooding - and we were concerned that we would not want to stay there once we finally arrived since we were unfamiliar with Somerset. Not to worry. The area is an oasis of a wide range of hotels. The Crowne Plaza, itself, offered a great rate to hurricane refugees. The room was spacious and comfortable, though I wasn't crazy about the pillows. I thought the hallways and guest room doors were surprisingly narrow, but I'm assuming that is not the case with the accessible accommodations. The only negative was that the room rate did not include a complimentary breakfast. I've grown to expect that from hotels.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family