“Never stops amazing me”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017

My wife lost her mother and father this past year. Both times we had the reception at Gregory's restaurant. Walt and Kari were wonderful to work with. The food was incredible, the service was friendly and efficient and the bartender was great. Went back for dinner the next night and had the best grouper I have ever had. Kelly is a great waitress. We will be back soon and often.

2  Thank Rob C

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Gregory's has been a tradition for my family while visiting Ocean City. Our most recent visit was not good. Maybe it was just a bad night, but I'm not sure if we will try again to find out.

We had a party of six. My order was incorrect and was caught by the waitress as soon as she set it down (she put the order in the computer wrong). She took it away to fix it. While the others in my party ate, I waited for my order. When it came (rather quickly), I soon discovered it was burnt. Not a pleasant taste.

We didn't say anything because the waitress was rarely seen. No drink refills, etc.

Overall, it's overpriced in my opinion for the quality of food and service.

Management response:Responded 19 September 2017

Jason,
We are very sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience at our restaurant and we would like to thank you for telling us. We value all feed back, good and bad, to improve experiences and quality of food and service. We are very happy to hear that Gregory's has been a family tradition and we would like you to continue that. Can we invite you back for dinner on us? Please call and ask for Carrie to make a reservation. 609-927-6665. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Gregory's Team
Carrie Gregory
Manager

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Visiting Ocean City and stopped here for dinner tonight. Food and service was excellent. We all only had sandwiches and soup but all were great. Seems to be a local place, but everyone makes you feel like you're home. Definitely a place to stop in to eat or just have a cocktail and some fun.

1  Thank byrnez
Reviewed 13 September 2017

There were just two occupied tables in the dining room when we arrived, but several others were soon taken. We ordered nachos with cheese to start. It came 30 minutes later. They were not worth the wait. ‘Nachos’ turned out to be chips with the thinness of regular potato chips and a meager amount of ‘cheese’ droppings sprinkled on a few of the chips. We’ve had nachos scores of times and know that nachos come in lots of different presentations. These were not even nacho-like!
Our meals came about 5 minutes later. Fries were cool and sent back immediately. We didn’t check the burgers fast enough to alert the waitress before she left to get replacement fries, but they also turned out to be cool. By the time she returned with hot fries, we had decided to pack it in for the night.
Without being asked, the waitress did not charge us for the burger meals. Although we did not have a positive experience here, we very much appreciate that decision. We also appreciated the hot fries - they were excellent.

1  Thank TrueBob
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Yesterday we had the celebration of Buzz's life following his memorial service. It couldn't have been better! Firstly, they are VERY easy to work with to plan the party (at a difficult time for me. Buzz was my husband who died suddenly.) Carrie was very available and made great suggestions for the menu. Secondly, the price was excellent. Third, I thought I knew about how many people there would be. Wrong! As the church filled up, I called Carrie and told her there would be way more people. She made me feel this was no problem and would tell the chef. There was plenty of food for the about 30-35 more people than I had estimated. The wait staff kept the buffet full, the drinks flowing, the clean-up unobtrusive. The food, finger food, was delicious...hot things hot and cold things cold. The desserts delicious. They also let me bring in Buzz's favorite chocolate pretzel crisps! Fabulous. I recommend this restaurant for anyone who wants a relaxed, fun place to celebrate what is important to them.

1  Thank 481sally