“Fun place for trivia on a Wednesday night. ”

Gregory's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 73 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My friends and I went to Gregory's on a Wednesday night in search of trivia. Gregory's hosted trivia and there was rather packed. We did not have food however we did have a bunch of their local IPA beers from the Tuckahoe Brewery and Cape May Brewery. All in all a great experience with a good atmosphere on a Wednesday night.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

What first impressed us was the atmosphere and walking into a pretty classy bar.
We drank and ate during happy hour. The clams casino were pretty good (full clams instead of minced?), a slab of mozzarella and a chicken flatbread (just OK - pretty small, too). A few more vegetarian happy hour items would be nice. The $5 martinis were good - no simple syrup - but they FRESH SQUEEZE the juice (this gives them big points in our book). The food service was unbelievably great and the bartender was nice.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Always stop in Gregory's for dinner when in the area. Prefer to eat in the bar. You can however do not have to sit at the bar as there is table seating available. In addition there is a dining room if you prefer.

Wide selection of food from appetizers to dessert. Seafood being a favorite at the Shore because it is freshly caught.

My choices are consistent, snapper soup and soft shell crabs. Have enjoyed snapper soup in many restaurants however they pale compared to Gregory's.

Quantity and quality of food is good, with doggie bags frequently going home.

Prices are reasonable and parking is easily available across the street from the restaurant.

Gregory's is open all year.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I have been here twice and loved it both times.
I had Mahi tacos the first time we were there and they were a great surprise I loved them.
The second time we went I had there award winning bacon and egg burger.
I really think it may have been the best burger I ever had.
The owners are actual chefs so the food is great and the service is very good.
The bar area is a friendly and comfortable place.
I highly recommend a stop here you will love it.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Gregory's surprised me. From the outside it looks just so small and unassuming. My fiancé and I decided to go in for a quick bite. We ate at a table on the bar side. As I understand it, they just opened up a dining space to the other side of the bar. They have a pretty fair sized menu. From seafood to burgers. My fiancé had the bacon and egg burger (they actually won the best burger in South Jersey with that burger) and thought it was probably the best burger he's ever had (his words). I had the French onion burger. I don't exaggerate when I tell you this burger was amazing. As I understand it, this restaurant has been in the family since the 1940's (don't quote me on that) and the 2 Gregory brothers that own it both graduated from the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and they cook all the food themselves. Our waitress, Lynn, was also great. She's been in the Somers Point area her whole life and has answers to anything you would like to know about the area. She's very friendly, and loves to share the historical facts of Gregory's with you. If you are in the Somers Point/ Ocean City NJ area and want good food in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, I urge you to give Gregory's a try. You will NOT be disappointed. Side note: I didn't give it a full 5 because although they do have bottomless fries with your burger or sandwiches (YAY) the do not offer free refills on soft drinks. When you pay $11.50 for a burger (delicious as it was and I will definitely be back for more) you should have free refills on soft drinks even if you limit the number.