“Great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Somers Point
Burlington, Canada
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

We had wonderful experience during our stay with Passport inn, Somers point-NJ.
Motel was completely renovated with heated Swimming pool. Friendly manager and
convenient to all amenities. Nice motel.....we will visit again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JAMSEN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

This time of the year for $39.99 the rooms are an amazing deal. The owner completly gutted the rooms, everything is brand new(except the furniture). New carpet, paint, added crown molding, new sink & countops, new windows, ceramic floors in Bathroom...new tub/shower toilet...everything. They are in the process of installing a new heated pool and re-doing the office area....so when you pull up you first instinct is to leave. Trust me, you can not get a room of this quality at this price anywhere in the area. Rooms include mini fridge and microwave. Across the street is the Crab Trap which has has some of the best food in Somers Point. In the morning next door is the Point Diner which makes a great breakfast. So the location makes things very accessable.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank brianpb321
passportinn, Owner at Passport Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2011
Thank You so much for taking your time to give us a review. During the off season we worked very hard in upgrading our rooms and I greatly appreciate you noticing our efforts. I am very delighted you chose us for your stay and did not run away when you saw the construction. If I could be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you for taking your time in giving us a review and noticing our New Rooms.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I was there this weekend and when I got there it was horrible. It looked like a cheap motel that you would go to have a one night stand. It was horrible. The rooms are extremely small and service was not great at all. There was no shampoo or soap, no Iron , no nothing actually. I could not stay there for another night. The only reason I even stayed for one night was because after booking the reservations, i called to cancel after one hour and they told me that I would have to pay for one night. So we decided to stay for the one night. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sserenity
passportinn, Owner at Passport Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2011
First I personally like to apologize for the "Dissappointing" stay with the Passport Inn in Somers Point NJ. We strive in achieving positive customer feedback by making sure our guest are fully satisfied with their stay. I see the review is in February which is the time the Passport Inn was being remodeled for a more modern touch. We do make mistakes and we are glad you pointed them out. Thankfully we are done with out room remodel and we have iron, ironing boards, soap, shampoo in all of our guest rooms. You caught us at a bad time but you and all other guests have my guarantee that everything is in working conditon. I would like to invite you to give our rooms another try and again my staff and I apologize for our lack of being prepared and failing to satisfy your expectations. Please call us before your next vist in the area.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

I have spent the last three weeks at this hotel and highly recommend this Hotel to anyone fussy on cleanliness and friendly service.
Excellent value.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank gcmaint63
Somerset County, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Using a 10 point scale, I would rate cleanliness (3), location (2), and hotel staff (1). The pool must have only been cleaned well for the pictures, even my kids didn't want to swim in it. The adjoining door to the next room wouldn't close and lock properly so I was worried all night that someone could enter our room. The hotel staff was rude, mean, and completely unresponsive. I woke up in the middle of the night to bright lights and what sounded like a biker convention. The room and beds were small and very uncomfortable, I still have a stiff neck & back two days later. With all the MANY other hotel options in the area, not only would I never stay at the Passport Inn again, I would NEVER recommend it to any friends or family. What a disaster and total disappointment!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
passportinn, Owner at Passport Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2010
Location is in downtown Somers Point overlooking the bay and ninth street. I received no complaint from the guest regarding the pool or door not locking. I don't know if she has problems with other guest staying at the property especially bikers but we treat everyone guest the same. Our property is located in a beautiful location, ours rooms are kept to high franchise standards, and our guests are treated as if they were at home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somers Point
4.3 km away
Watson's Regency Suites
Watson's Regency Suites
#8 of 32 in Ocean City

Been to Passport Inn? Share your experiences!