“Awesome food and Vibes”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I spend a few days a month for business near Boxcar and I keep going back! The menu is great, not too big so they can focus on quality of the items. My normal evening consists of selecting a tasty craft beer(nice options) on tap to go with my meal. I am hooked on their burgers but sometimes I have a huge salad topped with grilled salmon, MMMMMM.
Service is always friendly and just the right attention.
The whole experience exists in a super cool space at a working train station and gooving blues music keeping everyone smiling!

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Great food, great drinks and great atmosphere. My son loves going for an early dinner there cause he feels like he is in a real life Thomas the Train episode when the trains go by. Great wine and beer selection also. 2 thumbs up!!!!

1  Thank Kenneth G
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Great for going out for wife or with kids and the whole family. Amazing setting inside the train station. So cool. Kids love trains going by, coloring trains, and the magician on Sundays. I love having our own neighborhood bar with great food.

1  Thank jbnj20162017
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Great casual atmosphere. Service is fine. Great place to have a cocktail in the summer outside. Often has local musicians playing Friday and or Saturday nights.

1  Thank Melinda Z
Eric L, Owner at Boxcar Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Melinda,
Thanks for taking the time to review us,we really appreciate the 5 star rating
We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Nice atmosphere with two sections: a bar area and dining. We went to eat and I had the fajitas which were excellent. They give you a lot of food. Followed with desert the chocolate mousse cake. Awesome. The band played all night. Poet Section! The music was great not to loud. A wonderful evening.