“Nice Restaurant, large menu, reasonable prices”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Short Hills
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2017

During my last visit to the Short Hills Mall, my girlfriend & I decided to try the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. After checking out the menus of various other restaurants at the mall, we both thought that the Factory had the largest selection

We arrived around 12:30 (a weekend) & had to wait a few minutes. We were led to a table, but when we asked for a booth we were promptly moved. The restaurant is pretty large, the tables are not very close together (a good thing). My only complaint would probably be that the music was a bit too loud.

Our waitress came over quickly, asked if we wanted something to drink & gave us the menu to look at. There are alot of choices at the Factory. Everything sounded really good.

I wasn't all that hungry so I just ordered the tuna tartar appetizer (totally delicious). My friend order a lunch item on the menu:
bowl of soup & 1/2 sandwich. She also enjoyed her meal. We did ask for some bread for the table (yummy).

As we were enjoying our lunch the restaurant was filling up. I did notice various dishes going by & everything looked really nice, pretty large portions.

The ladies room was clean (but they needed a soap refill), the restaurant itself is pretty clean also. I would definitely go back to the Factory on another trip to the mall.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant never disappoints. Consistently good between locations. Our waiter was outstanding. Many, many choices on their extensive menu. Great drinks too.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

This is a noisy, crowded restaurant, though the noise level seemed a little better for lunch than it was for dinner the last time I went several months or more ago and swore I would not go again. We were told the wait would be 10-15 minutes - it was more like 25. The service was good and they did not bother us excessively, but on the other hand, if we wanted a server, we would have had to flag someone down to get service. We only ordered lunch/dinner salads and a Cuban sandwich - which were all very good. (The prices for the salads seemed a little high but the portions were large.) I would give this restaurant another shot but I would try to come during off hours during a hopefully quieter period.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a go to place for us and our family, we have eaten here at least 20 times over the past couple of years. Why, the menu has something for everyone, appetizers, salads, pastas, steaks, burgers, and if you want a cocktail it is one of the few restaurants in the area that knows how to make one. Funny enough but not one of our visits included us ordering cheesecake, though most people do. It looks great and likely taste great too, but never have room since their entrees are pretty generous.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had lunch at this very popular chain restaurant twice during our shopping at The Mall at Short Hills.
Two years back we had lunch at the branch in Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, New Jersey and were quite excited to go to the chain restaurant again.

Conforming to its rather large format of coupes and open seating the family restaurant also has high-chair seating in its bar. The restaurant lighting is somewhat low but the bar lets in light from a large window behind the counter.

We were four of us the first time and ordered some beer and wine along with Korean Crispy Cauliflower which had a yummy sweet and tangy flavour. The Truffled Bacon and Cheese sticks were very also delicious and so were the Caesar's Salad and Tomato Basil Pasta, both with chicken. The next time we were two of us and ordered only two antipasti--Korean Crispy Cauliflower and Chicken Taquitos, which were crispy fried rolls and came with a nice sauce. Both the dishes were very flavorful and filling.

You can't go back from the restaurant without having their cheese cakes. The first time we ordered our favorite Caramel and sea salt cheese cake and the second time it was The Original Cheese cake. Both are absolutely delicious and to-die-for cheese cakes.

Service the first time could have been better and more efficient but was more than compensated for on the next visit. The portions are decent, pricing reasonable and the overall experience makes it worth a repeat once in a while.