“Very good for casual lunch”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Short Hills
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2017

This is a noisy, crowded restaurant, though the noise level seemed a little better for lunch than it was for dinner the last time I went several months or more ago and swore I would not go again. We were told the wait would be 10-15 minutes - it was more like 25. The service was good and they did not bother us excessively, but on the other hand, if we wanted a server, we would have had to flag someone down to get service. We only ordered lunch/dinner salads and a Cuban sandwich - which were all very good. (The prices for the salads seemed a little high but the portions were large.) I would give this restaurant another shot but I would try to come during off hours during a hopefully quieter period.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a go to place for us and our family, we have eaten here at least 20 times over the past couple of years. Why, the menu has something for everyone, appetizers, salads, pastas, steaks, burgers, and if you want a cocktail it is one of the few restaurants in the area that knows how to make one. Funny enough but not one of our visits included us ordering cheesecake, though most people do. It looks great and likely taste great too, but never have room since their entrees are pretty generous.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had lunch at this very popular chain restaurant twice during our shopping at The Mall at Short Hills.
Two years back we had lunch at the branch in Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, New Jersey and were quite excited to go to the chain restaurant again.

Conforming to its rather large format of coupes and open seating the family restaurant also has high-chair seating in its bar. The restaurant lighting is somewhat low but the bar lets in light from a large window behind the counter.

We were four of us the first time and ordered some beer and wine along with Korean Crispy Cauliflower which had a yummy sweet and tangy flavour. The Truffled Bacon and Cheese sticks were very also delicious and so were the Caesar's Salad and Tomato Basil Pasta, both with chicken. The next time we were two of us and ordered only two antipasti--Korean Crispy Cauliflower and Chicken Taquitos, which were crispy fried rolls and came with a nice sauce. Both the dishes were very flavorful and filling.

You can't go back from the restaurant without having their cheese cakes. The first time we ordered our favorite Caramel and sea salt cheese cake and the second time it was The Original Cheese cake. Both are absolutely delicious and to-die-for cheese cakes.

Service the first time could have been better and more efficient but was more than compensated for on the next visit. The portions are decent, pricing reasonable and the overall experience makes it worth a repeat once in a while.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I've been to the Cheesecake Factory in Edison , Wayne ,Florida and Shorthill's we went out for ladies night all the ladies ordered drinks they were good I had the skinnylisous sangria what makes that a skinny drink it doesn't have fruit in it that's what the waitress said . Potsticker , macaroni ball , and salmon samsosa all good . I had the Asian chicken lettuce wrap for dinner I finally found something I would order again nobody had dessert. Why is it so dark in all of the locations this place is always loud and families eating dinner so it's not a romantic spot. Our waitress got lost at times but overall a very good experience .

Reviewed 12 September 2017

What happened to cheesecake standards, dirty floors, half the milk of my cappuccinos on spilled on the plates, dirty silverware, stale cheesecake, bad every where. I have gone to same chain restaurants in other states with no complaints at all......

1  Thank deperu4