“Disappointed in amuterish service and ho-hum food, average is generous rating”
Review of Joe's American Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Joe's American Bar and Grill
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2017

This restaurant is located in one of the higher end malls in American and it was thoroughly disappointing. The place looks tired, the server we had began to share the details of his sinus infection while we wanted extended periods for service. I won't be back and I will dissuade others from going. There are other restaurants at this mall that serve better food and in a more professional way.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank 4onpark

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We have a lunch with my wife. Service and food quality less than avarage. We had a club salad and Bufalo Chicken Pizza. Salad was acceptable, but pizza was terrible.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank cahitp2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We decided to give Joe’s a try since we were shopping at Short Hills Mall. The atmosphere is upbeat and the location is very convenient to Bloomingdales. We started our meal with the complimentary bread basket which was made in house and delicious. We ordered a glass of wine from their adequate wine list. I ordered a beer from their VERY limited selection. Our server Jackie H. was pleasant, efficient and attentive until it was time to get our check. Other than that her service was great. The only part of our meals that I would definitely recommend is the Sautéed broccoli with garlic. It was amazing. Next time we return to the mall, we will definitely give another restaurant a try!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank 427JohnG427
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My sister, niece and I left because the waiter ignored us after we were seated. Instead he served all white patrons once they were seated after us. My sister called him over and asked to speak to the manager. The waiter then told her ' you can tell anyone you want, I don't care!' The manager came over and asked if we wanted to be waited on by another waiter? Of course, we said 'NO' and left. Highly unprofessional!!!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Alethea H
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My son must travel with technology at all times. It was running out of power and the nice hostess seated at a table with a plug!!! After that we were so happy and relaxed. I had a nice salad and my son had a kid's pasta! He ate it in record time & the waiter brought another bowl...no charge! Wow! What a nice place. Good atmosphere. Great food. Will definitely go back next time at Short Hills mall

Date of visit: August 2017