“Great shrimp”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Short Hills
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: JFK Parkway
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Our restaurant is located inside The Mall at Short Hills on the lower level. You may choose to beach yourself in our dining room or at our bar. Either way, we’ll think you walk on water - be sure to see our aquarium of koi fish built into the floor. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 15 November 2016

I usually don't eat at mall restaurants but this was an exceptional case. I had the garlic shrimp which was great. For an appetizer I had the fried clams which were also delicious. Service was good and the venue was not noisy.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

we were invited for a family celebration & those usually don't go too well-BUT this was really good.
I had the clam chowder-very good then I had the Jasmine shrimp- its boiled shrimp with broccoli on brown rice with melted cheese- superb- never a problem for changing from white rice to brown- we had the Bang Bang cauliflower which is like general taos chicken but with cauliflower--sooooo good- everyone loved their meal & service was really good for a loud group of 10-

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Lobster roll was ridiculously expensive! A small plain salad... some popcorn shrimp and lobster roll was over 60$. Too much!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Food was great, server (Tina) was very nice & friendly. Food was a bit pricey, but we enjoyed it. Make a reservation rather than stand & wait. We went on a Friday night, the place was packed. Great drink menu.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I stopped here to satisfy my hankering for fried Ipswich clams on Thursday Oct. 13 in the late afternoon. They were certainly not the "full bellied Ipswich clams" that I had requested and was very much looking forward to. I should have sent them back, but decided that these were better than no clams at all. The clams were actually strips, and a few had very tiny "bellies". The breading completely overpowered the wimpy clams. I find it hard to believe that these are true Ipswich clams. To be fair, the service was fine, and this restaurant has served me tasty seafood in the past. But I won't be back again.