“Romantic Italian Bistro -”
Review of Da Vinci's Restaurant - CLOSED

Da Vinci's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017

If you are tired of paying for the trendy pretentiousness plaguing the island but want a delicious meal, try Da Vinci's in Ship Bottom - and eat al fresco! The outdoor dining area is an excellent alternative to straining to maintain a conversation in one of the oddly popular over-priced hotspots with poor acoustics. The hostess sat us immediately for our 6:30 reservation. The wait staff was friendly, attentive and knew the menu well enough to make recommendations. All of this was a great lead-up to the actual meal. My husband's Salmon was cooked to perfection. The calamari was tender. The salads were fresh. This is our new regular date spot.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

My dinner partner had chicken parmigiana, which was very good and a good-sized portion that included a side of pasta, although the price, in the high $20s, was a bit much. My entree was chicken piccata served with sauted garlic spinach, no pasta, also very good but also in the high $20s. The ambiance was nice with two exceptions: commercial FM radio for background music was distracting and did not fit the restaurant. Really folks, put on some decent CDs or get an iPod. Silverware was not matched, which is OK, but the forks were so cheap you could bend them with one hand. For these dinner prices, they should go to Costco and get some decent flatware.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Went for dinner with family. Food was delicious! Wait staff excellent owner very friendly and went out of his way to meet with everyone at their table for feedback. I would highly recommend.

1  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Atmosphere is great delicious food. We had a party of 8. The serving staff was friendly and prompt.

The front desk person is a friendly but kind of a annoying operator. We went there without reservation and were told nothing for another 45 minutes. While we outside trying to figure out something he came back and said 20 minutes. The this was kept dragging for 50 minutes. Basically he tricked us to be stay there. Same thing happen when rain started (at this time the Resturant had enough seating). Just as rain starts I informed we would like to go in nothing happened until it started raining heavy. I could give 5 stars but giving 3 for this annoying.

Drinks: BYO the provide ice bucket.
Appetizers: Calamari was good (but not as good as in Meditera in Princeton)
We also received unlimited bread.

Main: I had daily special sea food ( see the photo) which was delicious.)

Portions were big. We were coming from the beach and were hungry so no complains.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I had dinner at Da Vinci's with a party of seven people. No one from the party was utterly amazed by any dish that came out of the kitchen. I've worked in the restaurant industry for almost ten years and found the food to be overpriced as well. For an appetizer I had the eggplant tower, while the eggplant was cooked nicely, it was also covered with a heaping bed of arugula overtop the eggplant, with balsamic drizzled on top. The dish was not terrible, however, it did not wow me in any way. I've had much better eggplant towers at other italian restaurants, but for $15 it wasn't bad, just oddly paired together with the arugula. The entrées were overpriced, with the chicken marsala being $30. However, it is the NJ shore. We're not in NY. Overall okay.