“Pretty good pizza”

Speakeasy Pizzeria
Ranked #21 of 40 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered a white pie with a few toppings. They took my order right away. The gentleman who waited on me was the one who made my pizza. A young girl brought the pizza to my table. Polite but not friendly. Also, there is a tip jar at the register. It says something to the effect "tips please-my boss does not pay me enough" I tip the delivery guy, I don't tip people who are doing their job at the counter taking my order. don't feed into it

Reviewed 7 June 2017

My family and I spend a week at the shore every summer. We get pizza and cheesesteaks here at least once. The pizza is fantastic and we always look forward to eating the leftovers for breakfast the next day! LOL.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

This is the best pizza place we have found near Ship Bottom on LBI. They have specials - we like the $5 cheese steak night which is on Wednesdays.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Been to this place many time for take-out. Their whole wheat pizza is the best! Not too long of a wait for take-out orders and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Over the years, we've tried all the pizza places on Long Beach Island and several in Manahawkin and rate Speakeasy at the top of the list. Their pizza is always good and occasionally very good. Speakeasy pizza is not traditional New York style, which I prefer. The crust is softer, less chewy and drier than a NYC pie and the sauce, while good, is used a bit too sparingly IMO. One disappointment -- they don't make clam pies. Nevertheless, we've never been disappointed with their pies.

Speakeasy also has a full menu of traditional New Jersey sandwiches and pasta dishes, along with a good assortment of salads. We've not tried them all but, what we have tried, have been very good. Speakeasy also has great daily specials. Finally, unlike most restaurants on LBI, Speakeasy is open almost year round (they're closed for a few weeks around Christmas and New Years).

The place hasn't changed in years and reminds us of the way the island was when we first started coming in the early '80s -- very friendly and extremely casual (as in, you don't need to wear a shirt or shoes to get served). We like that. We also like the typical crowd, surfer dudes and dudettes coming in for a slice before heading back to the beach, young moms with a pack of unruly kids and occasionally a few old fogies (like us).

They also have a great selection of surfing mags to read while waiting for your food. Perfect.

I've given it three stars because it's only a pizza joint but it deserves three-and-a-half for the atmosphere alone.

1  Thank Steve M