All reviews front desk across the street new york river view the bus dunkin donuts premium room budget hotel cleaning staff port authority minute drive into nyc coffee maker penn station easy access to nyc lincoln tunnel times square
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is a great hotel close to New York and very close to the Newark airport. The hotel staff is very friendly. Danica gave me a free upgrade to the premium room. The premium room is spacious and very clean. Recommend for a short stay in New York.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This place is perfect to stay if you don't want to drive or stay in New York. The bus stop to New York is but 2 blocks away. Cost worthy rooms. Friendly staff. The bus for total round trip was $14.00 which is good price compared to driving their. And it runs almost all day...

1  Thank PACoxM
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I booked this through Hotwire since booking direct would of been $110, I got it for $55. SInce I stayed at a Red Roof Plus the night before, I was prepared for my tiny room! Room was clean, shower had pressure and hot water, fancy sink, WiFI was not very good in my room, TV worked well. Bed was OK, pillows ehhh. Its right next to the highway AND I was facing the highway but it didnt bother me. LOTS of trucks park and stay here! The view of the water and the meadowlands was nice. Easy to get off/on RT3.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I am a teacher and I use to travel to New York with students in cultural trips. I usually stay in Meadowlands. This time I decided to try Red Roof. The security guard, a woman named Maya was super commited with the safety of my group of kids. I really appreciate that. I was talking to her and I told her something that happened in the city (an isolated situation) and that was the reason because my group of students were a bit afraid and intimidated by New York. After listening to that story, she had the mission of transfering safety to my group of kids. She gave them a speech about the zero reports for security reasons to the police in the last 6 years, she definitley transformed the way of viewing our complete trip. We gained confidence. Her commitment with safety and the hotel, was a great testimony about the safety and the hotel in general. THANKS for sharing us a lot of trust. Definitely attitudes like this will bring you tons of future customers.

1  Thank Rafa M
Reviewed 24 March 2018

If you want to go Econo-class in hotel rates, this is the place for you. We booked a week at the Red Roof Plus hotel to go and visit New York city which is very expensive. There is parking at no cost as compared to some hotels in New York that do not have parking and if they had it could be an additional charge. The local bus is about two blocks away and takes about 3/4 of an hour to go to the transit terminal in New York in the morning due to the rush hour to go through the tunnel. You can then use the subway to go anywhere in New York . If you are a senior then it would only cost about $1.50 or about twice the amount for an adult. Going back to the hotel in the evening takes only about half an hour because then there is no rush hour. The hotel is clean like any other hotel chains and it does have a good view if you request a room overlooking the river. If you have allergies and are asthmatic like me, request a room that is non smoking and is not for pets. This is the best central location for the price to visit New York State. I definitely would return to this place if I am going to visit New York City on a budget again.

Room tip: Try to get the second floor, there is an elevator
Date of stay: October 2017