All reviews secaucus junction penn station an extended stay hotel front desk morning and evening five nights home away from home road noise the hotel offers free shuttle good size nice stay new jersey definitely stay here again fridge manhattan city
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I have been here for about a week or so. We have 2 toddlers with us and are on the 2nd floor. Out of nowhere last night we got multiple calls from the front desk of complaints of our children walking too loudly from a supposed employee that lives on THE FIRST FLOOR below us. Well for starters the man that wears glasses at the front desk was extremely rude to my husband, myself and my father in law, threatening to end both of our month log reservations here and just have rude snarky remarks. I totally get it can be annoying when you are trying to relax and hearing noise but from reading other reviews most people have complaints about the thin flooring and walls, so you would think that if it’s an employee that’s living there and has been for over a year that they would move up to the 3rd floor where there would be no issue. Other than this incident though it is a nice hotel and everyone else has been very friendly.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Alecia Y
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hello Alecia Y,

Thanks for choosing us for your lodging needs. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and the hotel to your liking. On the other hand, I'm sorry you were let down by the service level provided by one of our Front Desk personnel. This is certainly not the impression we'd like to leave any of our guests. Be assured that your feedback is shared with the team so similar situations may be addressed in the best possible way.

Thanks for bringing this to attention. Do know that I've reached out to you privately to get more information.

Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 January 2018

First of all, we called the hotel prior to arrival to ask if they had a sofa bed in their rooms as we have a child with us, they said yes but when we arrived, there was no sofa bed and they suggested to bring a rolling bed at extra charge.
second, we could not sleep all night because of the noise coming from the room above our room. we contacted the reception and the lady was very helpful but only after few hours, the noise stopped. there were a group of people in that room being loud all night.

Third, we had to turn off the AC as it was making so much noise.

lastly, maybe this is the candle wood policy but just a note that they don't clean the rooms every day.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Sawsan S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very sorry for the expectations you had with your room and the experience you had with the noise which affected your stay. I am also sorry that we do not have daily housekeeping. We do housekeeping services only upon request and on a weekly basis as we are an extended stay property. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service and facilities we provide.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I am here with wife for some social & business work......booked this accommodation jjst before 24hrs and that also without payment.......

Hotel has a facility of paying at time of arrival which is one of best facility as trips may change.......

Had a mini kitchen, queen bed, a sofa chair & a work desk in majority of rooms.......

Not a 5 star but "A simple yet satisfied all conveniences......."

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kinish P
Reviewed 4 August 2017

First and foremost is the staff. They are excellent. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome, if not in fact, part of the family especially Manny, Katie, and Mario. They run a free shuttle to and from the Secaucus NJT station mornings and evenings providing the most cost effective way to get into the city. However, be advised it only runs Mon-Fri. Parking is at a reduced rate at the station on the weekends ( if you work 7 days a week like me). The rooms are very clean and the housekeepers do an excellent job. I have watched them work and they don't skip anywhere. Management responds to any issue with the room quickly. What prevented them from getting a 5 th star (i would have given 4.5 if that was possible). There is only one thing that they can control: cleanliness of the common areas. Not quite up to snuff with the rest of the housekeeping, plus the hotel is a bit tired (my bed sagged) and could use some refurbishment. The hotel is populated with construction people who have no idea about hotel etiquette. (perhaps a handout with rules about slamming doors, keeping the laundry area clean for others, ...) I would not feel comfortable having my wife stay here by herself though there is a woman who has stayed by herself for 4 years there. The hotel cannot control who wants to stay there so i can't hold them at fault. Also you cannot get away from the road noise. This is in an industrial Jersey area. Its not the woods. get a room on the backside in the high numbers and on the top floor. Despite these few items I hearty recommend the property because of the staff and the housekeeping.

Room tip: Top floor back side higher numbers for quieter room
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This was my first time staying at a Candlewood Suites so I wasn't sure what to expect. While the reviews weren't terrible, I realized that it is an extended stay hotel e.g. no frills. The room was decent although dated, especially the vinyl lounge chair. Ewww. The parking spaces were extremely tight. However, the best part about my on night stay was the evening front desk staff who checked me in and the morning and evening shuttle drivers. All were friendly and exceptional in their interactions with me. It made my stay great. Although I probably won't stay at another Candlewood (just not my type of hotel), I certainly recommend this property based on the staff and service I received. Thank you! great work!

Date of stay: July 2017