“Ordinary ”

Ranked #4 of 5 Bakeries in Secaucus
Description: Very Good Breakfast Restaurant Near Hotels
Description: Very Good Breakfast Restaurant Near Hotels
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We have ordered take out from this Cafe on a few occasions and I didn't find anything that was special about the menu items. Everything was packaged nicely, but the food items; whitefish salad, veggie burger, cheese burger, soup, etc were just okay. The smoothies however were good and a decent size.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I enjoyed a hearty country-style breakfast. All was made with quality ingredients; cooked exactly as ordered. Service was prompt - and felt satiated all morning!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Worst place to order for delivery. It takes a long time to get your order and they mess up the order either it's missing something or they give you the wrong food. The soup taste water down.

1  Thank Luz M
Reviewed 9 March 2017

I have a very 'on again, off again' relationship with Bagel Buffet. I work right in town and it's on my way to work so very convenient. The bagels themselves are really good quality - super fresh, good variety, nice texture, etc.

The problem really is the staff - they are a surly, miserable bunch who will not return a 'good morning' or give most customers a 'thank you'. I have never seen people care less about their place of employment. Orders are constantly taken wrong. Salad guy acts like he's doing you a favor. Staff is constantly engaged in private conversations instead of paying attention to what they are doing. There is no consistency to the quality of sandwiches or salads. Honestly, I feel sorry for the owners. It must be painful to have a good product that is constantly undermined by the people who work for them

Although I would prefer to support a small local family business, because Bagel Buffet is so inconsistent, I have resorted to purchasing my weekly dozen bagel haul from the cafe chain (starts with a P, also located in Secaucus )and also have them cater our business lunches. The bagels aren't as good but the quality of the service is there and everyone there is pleasant to deal with. They seem to appreciate the value of local business and as a customer, that means a lot to me

1  Thank LexiBelleville
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Great selection of breakfast options served fast and with a smile. Prices are reasonable. Dining area is clean.