All reviews lounge chairs long weekend upon check next year deck motel
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Brought my daughter to the shore as a father/daughter road trip after returning from Afghanistan. Location was perfect (right on the boardwalk) and rates weren't terrible so initially I thought it was perfect, bad call!! The room was small, but had a tv, bed, and refrigerator. My major complaint was the bathroom, having just spent 12 months in Afghanistan my standards of cleanliness are fairly low but this place was absolutely disgusting. I have never before been in a motel where I felt it was an absolute necessity to clean a shower before I would step into it let alone let my daughter use it.The bottom of the shower was nearly black and the walls were so covered in soap scum/dirt/filth it ran off in sheets when I sprayed it after I returned from the nearby 7-eleven with lysol, gloves, and a scrubby sponge. I would recommend any place else even if it is further from the boardwalk!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Haifastlocos
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Beach House Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest,

First, Thank you for your service to our great country.

We regret to see hear such a bad experience for our property.
It seems that you have identified the bathroom as the only issue during your stay. Our staff are always looking to take care of any guests needs and requests. As such, we hope you would reach out to our staff when you identified such an issue.

We are also undergoing a pre-season repair, maintenance, and cleaning program. During this time, our staff has been instructed to increase their attention to the identified issues. We will correct them for all guests to enjoy. I hope you will try us again after our corrections with staff have been made.

Public Relations for the Boardwalk Seaport Inn

Reviewed 18 December 2011

i stayed there last may. my review of this place was so bad tripadvisor would not print it. to me the place is a fire trap. old dryed out wood and three shaky stairs does not make for a safe hotel. the smoke alarms in the rooms were on the floors and not in service. we could hear animals in the walls. they claim to have a 24 hr. desk but i could not find anyone to check out. if you need a cheap place to stay for one night and someone can stay awake all night on fire duty, use this place as a last resort. i hope tripadvisor prints this review this time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Paul C
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Beach House Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Guest,

We regret to see hear such a bad experience for our property.
It is unclear as to why you feel the location is a fire trap as it is customary for hotels to be cleared for occupancy on a yearly basis for hazardous standards. We have always received a proper inspection and do monthly self-inspections in the off season (weekly during the summer season).

We try to maintain this property for the enjoyment of our guests. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy our beachfront hotel. As other Tripadvisor reviewers have stated, they enjoyed our properly very much (including felt very safe).

Public Relations for the Boardwalk Seaport Inn

Reviewed 15 October 2011

We stayed here for 1 night just after the busy season, in mid September. The room was far better then the average motel in Seaside Heights, well decorated, clean and modern. It had a flat screen tv, dresser with mirror, large bed, decent bathroom, towels, tea/coffee facilities, large refrigerator, toiletries. Reception had things to borrow like iron/board, kettle, spare key card when you lock yourself out! The rooms were secure as the doors had card locks instead of keys and were very sturdy, I certainly felt safe. We were on the top floor which gave us a great view of some of the town and the beach and boardwalk. There was a good communal area for hanging out, smoking etc. It is located a few steps away from the 'Jersey Shore' house if that's something you are interested in, you could actually see their rooftop area from the balcony of the Seaport. It is also right near the Shore Store from the show. The location is perfect, right on the boardwalk but towards the end so you are not right in the middle of the action at all times.
I had read several reviews of this place, and most of them were praising the manager, Ziko. Believe me, the reviews are all true, he is literally available at any time of the day or night and cannot do enough for the guests. He is so friendly and helpful and such a nice guy, that when we told him we were headed to New York after we checked out, he actually offered to drive us there as he was going to JFK airport. We had a great drive there with him and appreciate it so much. If we return to Seaside Heights there is no question about where we will stay- The Boardwalk Seaport Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Guest,

Our staff at the Boardwalk Seaport Inn are very glad to see you had a great experience with us, especially with Ziko. We understand that very few guests who enjoy their time with us will write a review on our behalf so we really appreciate your detailed review about our property. We did try to upgrade our property to make everything that much more comfortable for all our guests. Thank you very much again, we cannot reiterate how we enjoyed having you stay with us!

Public Relations at the Boardwalk Seaport Inn

Reviewed 3 October 2011

This motel was a total dive! It had peeling paint, stained shower stall, no phone or radio alarm clock. You only got bath towels, no hand towels or wash cloths. When I called them - had to get the number off of the sign outside - they said we needed to ask for them. You could tell that the door had been kicked in at some point because the frame around the door was nailed back together. Beds were totally uncomfortable. On the second night (thankfully we were only there two nights!) there was a physical fight in the room next door to ours. We couldn't get out of their quick enough! We paid only $12 less a night there, than the beautiful Hampton Inn in White Plains, New York!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It seems our property was not up to your expectations. Our hardworking staff try to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible and were surprised to see that you felt our service, value, and cleanliness were not rated properly. In terms of the issues you mention in the rooms, they don't seem to accurately portray our beachfront property.

We do have alarm clocks available at no charge (but don't place them in the rooms as most people have smart-phones or phone alarms and do get damaged by water). We also do not have phones in the rooms as in previous years, the phones were rarely used or water damaged.

Our rooms are repainted every year (to keep up with design and quality). If the peeling paint had to do with the high use exterior areas, that is something we are consistently battling as the beach sand and salty air does rough up our exterior areas (especially due to guests who enjoy swimming). Even so, we do maintain our property and repaint exterior areas as well as needed. We also notice that you visited us just as the season had ended.

We are glad to see at least you did enjoy the location of our property being right on the Boardwalk in Seaside Heights.

Public Relations at the Boardwalk Seaport Inn

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I loved to pass my vacation in your hotel for my vacancy with my family..The rooms was clean and the services was very good..Your manager Ziko are smiling and sooo helpful he saw at everythings we needed.. We enjoy the room, the beach and we liked to go see all around. For sure ill come back soon and i will propose ur hotel at all friends or family. Thx for this good time we passed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mg1415
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Beach House Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for traveling so far to visit our hotel and experience it first hand. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you very soon next year!

Your Team at the Boardwalk Seaport Inn