All reviews front desk the concierge lounge the garden state parkway lobby restaurant indoor pool donuts the hotel staff business trip fitness room business traveler breakfast buffet fitness center the room was nice new jersey wedding pablo nj
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Don't expect a super clean room or a sumptuous breakfast when you check in to the hotel. Of course, you will be invited with a smile and a bottle of water (the bottle of water seems to depend on the person in the reception - some offer and others don't). The hotel looks a little old and the doors on some rooms need a change for sure - I am staying regularly here and I have seen more than one room. The room is comfortable otherwise. Again if you are looking for cleanliness, look somewhere. During breakfast, the buffet is not available most of the days. But the service is good. On one fine morning, I received coffee in a cup which still had lipstick on it (yuck). But remember what I said about cleanliness. There is abundant parking space and the rooms are in general quiet - unless you have a noisy neighbor or the corridor is busy - remember what I said about the doors.
Overall, if you are planning a stay for a night or so, you can consider this as a good option because of it's proximity to the highway and any other place you need to go to.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Quick stay near New York. First room smelled like smoke. Changed rooms. 2nd room dirty: mystery stain on wall, scuff marks all over tiled floor, dirty toilet, dirty shower pan. I've never stayed anywhere this dirty. They did clean the mystery stain since rooms were sold out and they weren't able to change rooms again. I just kept wondering what else wasn't clean

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We had a wonderful stay for the event we were attending. We were particularly impressed with our housekeeping attendant, Zofia, who was always pleasant and extremely attentive, making sure all or our needs were met and that we were comfortable in our room.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice stay at the Saddle brook Marriott. The man at the front desk when we check in was very sweet and energetic. He really wanted to make sure we were pleased with our stay. We were on the 12 th floor. I was thinking the hotel would look like it needed repairs based on the reviews i was reading. Yes. The hallways could be a little updated but the room was very nice. Our bed was fine, i thought the shower in the bathroom was really nice and big. i loved that you could turn on the shower from the opposite end of the shower head. There was a small refrigerator in our room which didn't really fit in to the look of the room but i loved that we had it.
We had breakfast in the dining room downstairs. They had a chef making personal omelettes. They had some very good fresh fruit as well.
For dinner the night before we went down the street about a half mile to the Midland brew house. This place also turns into a night club I believe when it gets late. They do have a lot of craft beers on tap which makes my husband happy.
There is also a Dunkin' Donuts next store to the Marriott. This Marriott is also very convenient to garden state parkway and route 80.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2018

One look at the Saddle Brook Marriott's website will tell you all you need to know about this disappointing hotel - there are no photos of the rooms on the website. None. Look for a photo and all you'll see is "photo coming soon." And here's why there are no photos of the rooms - they're old, tiny, worn out and in need of major renovation. I literally had to move a chair and ottoman to use the lamp beside the chair. And there was so little space in the room, that same chair was actually positioned right in front of a nightstand. The carpeting was worn and fraying. The desk was battered and chipped. Also, there were no "fluffy robes and slippers" as promised on the website. For over $250/night I expected much, much more.

Given a choice of hotel brands, I almost always choose a Marriott property. The Saddle Brook Marriott certainly wasn't up to the standard I've come to expect from a full-service Marriott. But neither was it up to the standard of a Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn or Springhill Suites.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CindyInChesco
MarriottSaddleBrook, General Manager at Saddle Brook Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Good Morning CindyinChesco,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Saddle Brook Marriott. I truly do apologize that your stay was not up the Marriott Standard. We pride ourselves in providing the best hotel experience possible and truly felt short this time.
There are no pictures on the website because we are in the process of adding updated pictures, and we are scheduled to go through a full renovation in 2019.

I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to host you again, and restore your faith in the Saddle Brook Marriott.
Warm Regards,