“Outstanding”
Review of Fromagerie

Fromagerie
Reserve with OpenTable
Fromagerie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Rumson
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The all new Fromagerie has been completely remodeled with an exciting new menu featuring continental cuisine with Italian & French influences.
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Went last night to celebrate my first day of retirement with a romantic dinner with my husband. The experience was beyond exceptional. We started with a french martini, had the foie gras and carpaccio for appetizer, followed by duck and scallops paired with amazing wine for entrees with a side of duck fat french fries (so good!), and creme brûlée and coffee for dessert. Everything was delectable- prepared perfectly and beyond delicious! Our waiter, Richard, was attentive, professional and accommodating- he was wonderful! The atmosphere of the restaurant was inviting, comfortable and gorgeous. They gave us macaroons in a pretty gift box to end a perfect evening! We have had the pleasure of dining at some of the best restaurants in NYC and Europe, including France, and Fromagerie certainly ranks as being one of the very best! Thank you for such a memorable experience!

1  Thank Denise R

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had a delicious meal at this refreshed restaurant. After Shrimp Cocktails, my wife enjoyed Filet Mignon and I had the Rack of Lamb. All the food was fantastic. Doug, our waiter, was attentive and very entertaining. We'll ask for him again next time. If you haven't been here in a while, you owe it to yourself to go back again.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Two couples came a 7 PM for dinner. We were looking forward to trying the "signature" halibut dish. Sold out early on a Thursday night as were several deserts. Three of our party settled on salmon. My wife said it was good but swimming in butter. I had onion soup - too sweet and not served hot. I tried GNOCCHI BOLOGNESE
house made potato gnocchi / braised veal ragu / marscapone cheese / basil chip Served room temperature. There might have been a tablespoon of ground veal in the dish and no seasoning at all. My friend had the beet salad appy. Portion size was very small. Our waiter tried way too hard to make us feel like this was a special meal. all this took 2 1/2 hours to get served.

2  Thank David_Laurie6
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

They changed the menu, AGAIN. They didn’t update their menu online, so I went in hopes of having a specific dish, but of course they no longer serve it. In fact, they no longer have any of the best items they previously served.

I ended up with a salad, which was good. However, the food quality is not as good as it was a few months ago when I last ate there. To top off the evening, the ice cream was icy. They have Andes mints by the door which was the only positive.

It left us hungry and disappointed.

I’ll probably wait until they switch owners again before going back. At the rate they’re going, it shouldn’t be too long.

1  Thank Stasiacakes
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Howard Johnson's from 20 years ago had a better selection and more appetizing and edible offerings. A horrible waste of time, money, and energy.