“Great steakhouse ”

Fromagerie Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fromagerie Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Rumson
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fromagerie is a sophisticated, fine-dining restaurant that features the highest-quality seasonal ingredients delivered with expert service. The frequently-changing menu is French influenced, but the creative takes on regional American cuisine are fresh and festive. A fine wine list and craft cocktails complement simply-prepared small plates and hearty, comforting dishes.
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Went here for my mother's birthday and immediately noticed the changes to the restaurant now under new management. To be honest, I miss the vibrant colours of the old restaurant. That being said the staff are extremely friendly and our waiter Doug was the best, especially with his knowledge of the menus and pairing with their wines.
We met one of the owners, Steve, who was extremely friendly and advised us if we had any specific requests or wanted to alter any menu items, he would gladly comply in order to make us happy!
Although there were four of us for dinner, we only had two. The devilled eggs were very good, but the slab of bacon overpowered the devilled egg with caviar.
Their best strength was the main courses! My cousins wife enjoyed the petite filet, my mother and cousin enjoyed their rib eye steak special with bone marrow, but I had the winner, Berkshire park chop! It was tender, flavourful and seasoned exceptionally with Italian cheeses and breadcrumbs.
I shared the creamed spinach with my cousins wife and it was delicious. My mother and cousin shared an order of peas. This was probably the biggest disappointment as the peas were hard and lacking flavour. However, after we pointed this out to Doug, our waiter, he had it removed from our check and apologised.
After our main courses, they surprised us by presenting plate with four biscotti's and written on the plate was Happy Birthday, for my mother.
All in all the dinner was very good, but we miss the old decor and vibrant colours and brilliant flowers of the old management.
We will be back again.

1  Thank Timothy L. C

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I celebrated my birthday last night at Fromagerie with my best friends. We had heard about Tuesday burger night from many of our friends and have been meaning to check it out. I grew up in Rumson & enjoy coming "home" to the various restaurants in town but had not eaten at Fromagerie in years. Having worked in several restaurants I'm pretty critical about food & service. We sat in the bar area so we could enjoy the entertainment. The new owners renovated the interior beautifully. I spoke to Vicky the hostess several times to update head counts & inquire about my food allergy needs. She was very knowledgeable & assured me everything would be made to order & it was. Our server Matt was knowledgeable about menu items, attentive & pleasant even suggesting cutting my one friend's burger in half so she could eat half quickly while he wrapped up half as she was on a tight schedule & had to get home to her young son. It was also nice to see Damian who I worked with in the past. Our water glasses were kept filled all night. I love tableside Caesar salads & couldn't resist ordering one. Steve Botta the owner prepared it himself for us. Lots of anchovies the way I like it!! The owner/chef checked on us and other diners several times throughout the evening. My friend ordered the deviled eggs app over bacon. The bacon slices were thick & we all loved it. The burgers were great, their dry aged blend. Juicy, flavorful & cooked the way we ordered. The kitchen remembered no bun for me because of my food allergies. I LOVED the truffle cheese. We were seriously getting stuffed but saved a little room for dessert I was thrilled to see Pot De Crème, my favorite dessert on the menu. The kitchen wrote a personalized Happy Birthday message around the plate, nice touch. The staff & owner delivered it singing Happy Birthday. My one friend ordered the coconut cake, a very generous piece arrived. Moist, not dried out. A glass of wine was included in the price, my waiter substituted a glass of champagne for me since it was my birthday. The staff was knowledgeable, organized, and pleasant. The atmosphere beautiful and classic. The lighting perfect. The food, plating, portions, and presentation fantastic. It was a great evening & birthday. A great value at a great price. We will definitely be returning as I'm anxious to try the duck with cherries & grappa. Thank you Mr. Botta for restoring Fromagerie and bringing back classic dining I grew up with, and for making my birthday a great night!!!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We have had very good experiances with the Fromagerie this past year or so,but the food was not up to par this time. The Veal was clearly over cooked and the amount of the fish (Black Bass) was as much as a small thumb. The appetizers and the dessert were excellent, as usual, and the service was also very good. Need the chef to reconsider what's going on in the kitchen.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

this restaurant is very expensive and if you like rich, creamy French cuisine this restaurant is for you

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Fromagerie tonight to celebrate our Anniversary. Nicholas who was our waiter did an outstanding job serving us. My husband had the grilled veal chop which was one of the best he ever had and I had the halibut which was excellent. To top off a great dinner we had the pistachio ice cream pie with a graham cracker crust. Don't miss this one! We will definitely be back.