“Great - Nothing More Need Be Said”

Front Street Trattoria
Ranked #47 of 149 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to Front Street Trattoria for years and have never been disappointed. Whether you want pizza/calzones or gourmet dishes, you'll love it.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The best Italian food - and gluten free and healthy options as well as vegetarian. I had meatless meatballs & pasta and fell in love! The decadent chocolate cake is amazing and the eggplant park is superb! Make reservations as they always have a crowd. The wait staff knows the dishes and are efficient and friendly!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

A very poor choice for a simple lunch. Grilled shrimp appetizer 4 or 5 small grilled shrimp way over cooked. $ 14.00. Grilled wild salmon, very dry and overcooked, totally ruined piece of fish, probably frozen. Baked eggplant, mush. 24.00 Just got home and made an excellent tuna fish sandwich for dinner, lol. Go figure, lol. No more....

Reviewed 14 August 2017

After a bad experience at the Front Street Trattoria some years ago, my wife and I avoided the restaurant until last week. We were attending a concert across the street and were looking for a casual meal before the concert. We each ordered a pasta dish, assuming that it would be quick at an Italian restaurant. Even though the Trattoria was nearly empty, it took almost 30 minutes for our food to come -- in a near empty restaurant. A loaf of bread did arrived after about 15 minutes. It was warm on the outside, but cold on the inside. We queried our waitress several times about the fate of our dishes, but she seemed as clueless as we were. When my spaghetti finally arrived, the pasta was lukearm, with watery sauce. When I returned the dish to be reheated, the pasta came back mushy and just about inedible. I didn't return it because we were due at the concert and didn't have time. My wife's bolognese sauce was oddly sweet and off-tasting. We both ate very little of our dishes and didn't bother taking them home. I note that the restaurant does get some good reviews, but mainly for the pizza. Maybe we just had bad luck or maybe the pizza is notable. However, if you have a taste for great pasta and sauces, Red Bank has some notable Italians, including Buona Sera, just a few blocks away, much nicer and not much more expensive. As for Front Street Trattoria, two strikes is enough. We'll never go back.

2  Thank NJSojourner
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The pizzas are not your typical pizzas. They add ingredients to pizzas that I am not familiar with and made them taste sweet. The guests seem to like it because the place was busy but I will not return. The decor is not much.