“gone down hill”
Review of La Pastaria

La Pastaria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pastaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 156 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018

used to be one of my favorite Italian restaurants to get chicken murphy-went on fathers day sat night and it was horrible-prices increased by $4 a plate with half the serving-all dinners were sent back because they were prepared wrong-left without eating anything but bread-owner was sent over to our table and was drunk !!!-will not be returning again-what a shame-owner blamed chef called out because he was drinking and watching the world cup soccer match-she was probably on the couch with him because she was drunk

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank fusemaster

Reviewed 4 May 2018

My husband and I went with a gift certificate I got for Christmas. It was a Saturday and we didn't have reservations so we went early...about 5 PM figuring it would be less busy. There were at least 10 large parties going on. We were seated at a corner booth between 2 parties of at least 10 and there was another across from us, and 2 directly behind us. Despite it being so crowded, our waitress was attentive enough, although not friendly. At one point two waitresses collided and spilled a drink on our table. Someone came to clean it up, but not one person apologized to us. The food was pretty typical for an Italian restaurant of this kind. I had the polenta for appetizer, which was not what I expected but good. We both had the special for the day, good. Big servings and we brought half home with us. Total for the two of us with dessert was $100 including tip. This is not including drinks.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank USTourguide
Hospitality732, Guest Relations Manager at La Pastaria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Greetings!

Thank you for your recent visit. We greatly apologize that you were surrounded by a busy and a crowded environment while having dinner with us. Typically Red Bank is most busy on Saturday and reservations are highly suggested. We regret that we may have fell short on the service levels and have addressed our team about your experience. We hope to have another chance to make a better impression. We are happy you enjoyed your dinner and would love to have you back. Thank you for your input and we really hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Would not recommend this place. Food was not good at all. Also was very loud. couldn't even hear ourselves talk! Won;t be going back again,

Date of visit: April 2018

Greetings!

We thank you for selecting us for dinner. My apologies for your experience as this is not typically how we operate. We have offered generations of great recipes with only the freshest ingredients for years and this may have been an isolated incident. Please contact me so I can further learn exactly what happened as the review is quite vague. Thank you again for your feedback as it is very important to us.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I like it here and would love it if I still ate meat, so that being said. My hubby who is picky meat eater loves it here, the portions are well. He especially loves the chicken dishes. It's a BYOB which makes it even better.

Call and make reservations I think it's always better when doing so. Very lovely inside at night as well. One room is alittle close as far as the tables side by side. And, they also have half portions as well!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank njphilly
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I’m not sure why a restaurant with so much competition doesn’t get their act together. We used to love this place. Not sure what has happened that has caused it to go down hill

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to La Pastaria? Share your experiences!