“Really Good Place for Pizza”
Review of Urban Coalhouse

Urban Coalhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Urban Coalhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 155 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: Experience our sociable scene while enjoying coal-fired pizza, diverse craft beers and the best oven-roasted wings you’ll ever have. All True to the Craft. Join us in Red Bank, Hoboken, Brick or Paramus.
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I went into the Urban Coalhouse for a good pizza & I was not disappointed. I had the margherita pizza with the arugula salad. Both were delicious. The service was friendly & accommodating. The prices were reasonable. When I'm back in Red Bank I'll make it a point to go to the Urban Coalhouse for good food.

1  Thank Gary P K
SocialResponse, Customer Service at Urban Coalhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you Gary for an amazing feedback. It's good to know that you liked the pizza and found us reasonable too. Reading your review was of great encouragement to us. We will also make a point in pleasing you same way every time. Be back soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Pizza was great, but octopus and arugula appetizer was even better. Paired with a semi-dry draft cider and a fantastic meal was had.

Hello Ron, Thank you for visiting and sharing your experience with us! We're glad to know that you liked the octopus and arugula. We would love to have you back soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

A fun, happening place. We had 3 different pizzas and the four of us liked them all. Service was fast and friendly. The pizza isn't cheap, but it's very good and worth the money. If you're going to a show at the Count Basie Theatre or Twin Rivers Theatre, this location is great. If Red Bank wasn't your destination, it's worth a ride to get some good pizza.

Hey David, Thanks for the review. It is really nice to know that you loved the pizza plus the service was to your expectation. This is exactly the kind of experience we want our customers to have. We'd love to have you back sometime again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

This is the first time I have been back since they changed from Tommy's Pizza to the new ownership. For the good things:
1. Their sangria still rocks! They make a really good red wine sangria. I have not had their white wine sangria in a while, but i always preferred their red
2. The Spinach & artichoke artisan pizza if FABU. it comes with prosciutto on top and as my friend described it, it's like a Spinach dip pizza!
3. The Coal Fired Margherita pizza was sooo good. When I pulled out the first slices, I noticed that the bottom crust was a perfect mix of soft and crunchy. The kids loved it!
4. Their wings. I always get them without the onion and the bread and eat them with some lemon and a little bit of salt and they are so good! OMG, seriously, I think that's just about all I ate! If you do get the onions, they are cooked to perfection nd they also give you a bit of bread, which is basically pizza dough. Yum!
The only disappointment was the chicken tenders. They used to be so good, thick and meaty with a nice coating of Panko breadcrumbs but this time, we found them much thinner and worst of all, greasy. My BF was really looking forward to them and he was disappointed.
Overall though a good, casual easy place for dinner!

Wow Alexandra! Thanks a bunch for the detailed review. Glad to know that you liked almost everything. Further, we apologize that this time chicken tenders were not to your expectations. We'd love to serve you again some soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Four of us had dinner here last night. Started with the house salad, good as always with lettuce, olives, cherry tomatoes, chickpea se and a light dressing. Went on to two large pizzas, one a standard pizza with halved cherry tomatoes and the other 1/2 plain and 1/2 with pepperoni. Pretty good pizza. They really fell down on the wines by the glass. Pretty much plonk. But the Sangria is good and the beer selection fine.