“Very nice lunch”

Temple Gourmet Chinese
Reserve with OpenTable
Temple Gourmet Chinese is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 155 Restaurants in Red Bank
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Linden Place
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Recently had a weekday lunch here with family. The atmosphere and service were very good. A nice variety of menu selections. We were all pleased with our selections. Good portion size and very good quality of ingredients and preparation. The filet mignon egg roll was interesting. Overall a good value and worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I feel that this place should be better than what I experienced, but I can only go by my experience. We ordered the jumbo prawns with garlic sauce and the filet mignon with black pepper sauce. I give the filet mignon 4 stars out of 5, and I give the prawns with garlic sauce 1 star out of 5. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly with delicious onions and peppers for $24.00, which I found to be reasonably priced. The jumbo prawns had no taste, very bland, with (5) prawns and tons of asparagus. For $24.00, you should get 7 prawns, not 5. For 5 prawns, the charge should be around $18.00. I was disappointed and let my waiter know it. I came in on a Sunday afternoon, and no specials were offered to me, but the next party that came in got all the specials mentioned to them, and I was annoyed at that. With (2) iced teas, tax and tip, the total was $66.00. The service was not good, and that was annoying as well.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Ate here tonight for the first time. We ordered a rice ball as an appetizer, which was one of their specials. For entrees, hubby got sesame chicken and I got beef with broccoli. The appetizer was on the bland side. Our entrees probably would have tasted good, however, we waited way too long for our entrees to come out after the appetizer, and both of them were cold. It was like they prepared them and left them to sit before serving them. The manager said she could send the food back to warm up or she could have new entrees prepared. We had already waited too long, and everyone knows what happens when you send food back....
Wish she would have offered a discount on the bill, but no. We won’t return.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This place is the polar opposite from your typical take out Chinese food place. It’s a high end gourmet Chinese restaurant. The food is excellent. I would highly recommend the black bean chicken, one of my favorite dishes in this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

It's a BYOB, which makes for a much lower cost dinner. But the prices are already very reasonable here. Service is wonderful, and there's plenty of space between tables. Let's get to the Food. Just awesome. Tasty, lots of specials, and huge portions. You won't need appetizers. The entrée portions are enough for 2. Just a wonderful place. I had the Chicken and Broccoli and it was as good a version as I've had. My buddy had the Shrimp special and they were monstrous shrimp, also served with Broccoli. Wonderful food.

1  Thank 749David