“Excellent Chinese restaurant a little pricey”

Temple Gourmet Chinese
Reserve with OpenTable
Temple Gourmet Chinese is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 156 Restaurants in Red Bank
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Linden Place
Reviewed 13 August 2017

WE love Chinese food and come here often. The BBQ rib appetizer is excellent although he portion is small for the price. They prepared Peking Duck which would be excellent except the wraps that the duck and skin are put in are way too heavy. It is like eating a taco. I have been to top Chinese restaurants in Europe, Hong Kong and NYC and I never had such a heavy crepe. For me it ruined the duck by making the meal too heavy. I also found the dumplings were much too heavy and chewy. The dumplings should be light there just to hold the food that is inside. Unless the owner changes his recipe for the wraps and the dumplings, I will not order them there.That is too bad because I know the food is good.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Great great food ...beyond excellent service...we will definitely be coming back here ...worth the trip from PPB

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We will definitely go back next time we Are in Red Bank. I ordered shrimp with lobster sauce. Was a favorite of mine as a kid in St Pete Fl. They made it great. This was full of large shrimp but sauce was flavorless. On the other hand my wife ordered the sweet and sour pineapple chicken. Sensational! Cooked to perfection which is not easy and flavorful and plentiful. A real delight. We also tried the filet mignon egg roll and fried rice. Both were nice servings but not terrific so I would probably try other items on return. Staff was helpful, gracious, and competent. We liked it and is BYOB which we both like. Looking to return

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Very unusual for this place but this past Sunday the food was just okay but the service was TERRIBLE! This was our go to place for great Chinese food. We will stay away for a while.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 8 April 2017

My family and I just had dinner there tonight. We ordered several dishes and one of the dish that we had was the velvet chicken. I noticed that some of the chicken pieces were raw. I brought it up to the waiter and he was sincerely apologetic and brought it back to the kitchen. Then the manager offered us another dish or remove it off our bill. Thank goodness none of us got ill .

Date of visit: April 2017