“Pricey, but good”

Monticello At Red Bank - Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Monticello At Red Bank - Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 149 Restaurants in Red Bank
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Monmouth Ave.
Description: Specialties Monticello at Red Bank features Italian Fusion Cuisine with a Mediterranean twist highlighting Chef Katerina's Italian heritage and extensive travels through Italy. Chef Katerina defines Italian Fusion in varriaty and eclectic asis the country. Her menu often features dishes reflecting French, Asian, Spain, and European styles and flavors.Located at 69 Broad St., steps way from the Count Basie Theatre, and a mere two blocks from the Navesink Water Front park. Monticello has been impressing lovers of fine food and impeccable service in a warm and casual atmosphere.Our dedicated and professional staff is eager to provide you with a memorable dining experience. Whether you desire a romantic dinner for two or a celebration for 80, Monticello is the perfect destination for all your entertaining needs. The restaurant is available for up to 80 guests for any event. Contact us at (732) 450-0255 for more information and personalized menus.
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This is a pricey restaurant but the ambiance is nice and the food is good. My wife had the prime pork chop ($29) which was very good and a popular dish on the menu. I had the Veal Parm which was also good. The entrees do not come with a salad. I think that for $29 you should get a salad.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

While the food was good, much was left to be desired when it came to service! Waiter took orders and then it appeared to be bus boys serving the food! I also purchased a $75 gift card as a gift! We shared a salad, ordered veal parm and veal Milanese! There were several large parties dining also, and at the end of their meals, trays of desserts were being served.At the end of our meal my friend asked what the dessert was, the waiter said it was part of the fixed price dinner, but if we wanted it he would have to charge us! We said ok, we would split one, but that the fixed price menu was never offered to us and asked if we could see it! Well, there are 2 price points on that menu $20 and $35 which included salad, entree, dessert! Upon looking at the menu we would have chosen the $20 meal! When I voiced my displeasure, the waiter asked how he could make it right? Since salad and dessert were part of the fixed price menu I felt those 2 items should be removed from the bill. He spoke to the owner, who did not bother to come out, she did come out earlier when I purchased the $75 gift card! She agreed to to remove the one dessert but not the one salad. When I questioned why we were never offered that menu his reply was , “You should have asked for the fixed price menu!” I explained that this was the first time we went there and knew nothing about it. His reply was there was nothing he could do about it! I asked again if I could speak to the owner and was told she was NOT coming out, and he walked away! I went up to the register and told him we needed to leave because we were seeing a show at Count Basie At that point I told him he had lost a customer and I wanted a refund on the gift card, too! He told me he had other customers to take care of! Well, so much for customer service and satisfaction! After getting upset about his treatment, and him trying to walk away again, he finally charged the meal and gave me a refund on the gift card! So for his lack of responsibility in not offering the fixed price menu, not apologizing, the owners refusal to remove one $8 salad, they lost 2 new customers and a $75 gift card sale! Poor business practices! I looked on line to read other reviews, and read that a brother and sister owned the restaurant, and that the brother was good at customer relations! I called and left a message requesting that he return my call! Haven’t heard back from him!

WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS RESTAURANT!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I chose Monticello for an early romantic Sunday evening dinner date with my husband. We arrived earlier than our reservation, but the hostess seated us immediately. Although there is a small outside, fenced in dining area, we opted to dine inside. The decor here is simple & sweet, the lighting just right and with tables lined along either side of the entire length of the restaurant, you still feel comfortable, not cramped.

Our very friendly & attentive server, Tina, who was graciously and efficiently running the entire show, greeted us instantly, informed us of the specials and filled our wine glasses. (I love the fact that this place is a BYOB, so you know you'll enjoy your favorite drink with your meal and keep the bill at a reasonable price).

Another great plus, is that they will modify most meals with gluten free portions if you prefer/need. Also, there are 2 additional 3 course pre-fixe menus ($20 and $30 - available on certain nights) with plenty of great choices, along with the extensive regular menu. Both the husband and I ordered from the $20 pre-fixe menu.

First, the warm bread with soft butter was brought to our table, then the delicious house salads (loaded with mixed greens, dried cranberries, candied nuts, grapes, Gorgonzola cheese and herb balsamic vinaigrette) arrived. After that, my husband thoroughly enjoyed his generous plate of gluten free pasta with customized grilled chicken parmigiana and my gluten free pasta Monticello (the Pappardelle Monticello with different pasta, diced eggplant, zucchini, mozzarella, roasted Vermouth tomato broth topped with shaved Parmesan cheese) tasted amazing. The food was light and fresh, not heavy or salty, allowing us just enough room for dessert. Vanilla ice cream accompanied with fresh berries topped off a wonderful meal. Overall, our date night was a complete success.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I only ate here once because the both the food and the service were terrible.
I realize that the 'real' chef could have been out sick but why go back when it wasn't very good?
Our service was ridiculously slow and the server was surly. However, the ambiance is sweet and quiet. But that just is not enough! Red Bank has a plethora of great Italian restaurants but this isn't one of them!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We have been to Monticello many times. We love sitting outside on Broad Street and bringing our dog. Other dog lovers agree because we they bring their dogs. Its BYOB which helps save money. The food is excellent and there is a very reasonably priced fixed menu offered Tuesday through Thursday. They do not serve pizza so it is not a place for young children that eat only pizza. Our server in mentioning the specials did not indicate the prices unless I asked. He said the owner wants it that way which I believe is wrong. If prices are listed on the menu then the special prices should be mentioned. This way there are no surprises.