“Take Your Time Dining”
Review of O Bistro Francais

O Bistro Francais
Reserve with OpenTable
O Bistro Francais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 145 Restaurants in Red Bank
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This is not a place for a quick meal.. thank the Lord. The food we had on New Year's Eve was very good and it was warm inside. I had onion soup, pate and sole.. my wife had the same except duck liver for an app. The server, Jimmy, did his best to please us and did so even though the place was fairly busy. I feel some diners do not understand the food is cooked to order and this is not an American style quick meal joint. Accordingly, the food takes longer to prepare with a longer wait between courses. However, the meals we had were very good and we enjoy talking to each other during the dinner. We also dislike being rushed. if that's how you like to dine then this place is for you. Note the tables for two are small and close together... but no big deal for us.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

This is a French restaurant run by a Frenchman. It is not pretentious, serves good food and you can bring your own wine. The unfortunate thing is it is not in the busy downtown area of Red Bank and not in a great building. Have eaten here twice and enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

My wife, son and I visited O Bistro Francaise last night in the middle of a snowstorm. The crowd was sparse, but the staff there could not have been warmer. The food is classic French. My son had the ribeye, and he declared it excellent. My wife had the pork tenderloin and loved it I had the Sole Francaise, and it was a classic, perfectly rendered. All entrees were accompanied by three sides that were deliscious, but rich. I also had the Onion Soup Gratinee and it was lovely. Cheap Mark's profiteroles are my Wife' favorite and did not disappoint I had the Crepes Suzette and it was deliscious. BYOB.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We discovered O Bistro Francais after planning an outgoing to the Count Basie Theatre. Loving French food and reading about the restaurant online, we thought, "Why not!" We wandered in from Bridge Street and missed the Main Entrance towards the side and back of the building. But this gave us an amusing winding and climbing and door opening through the building until we arrived at the dining room. How lovely it is. Music was playing, French, of course, that set the correct ambiance - a little Piaf included. But to the food. It was beautifully prepared with generous portions. But do bring your own wine to complement the meal. We had Pate de Campagne & Cornichons including olives and a nicely dressed mesclun salad. It was certainly enough for two. This was followed by a sole special with rice, thinly sliced carrots and green beans, and Coquille St Jacques, not in a shell, but with 5 huge scallops gently seared with yummy creamy risotto with mushrooms. Both fish dishes were perfectly prepared. We finished our meal with a creme brûlée and espresso. The crème brûlée was solid and not too sweet - just like we love it. That was shared, too. Would we travel back to Red Bank for this restaurant? Of course. Should you try it too? Absolutely.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Love O'Bistro Francais!
Had a lovely dinner Friday night at this French restaurant in Red Bank. The food as well as the service were excellent. I had the celery root salad and for the main course the scallops, (coquilles St Jasques) with risotto and mushroom. For desert crepe suzette. There are a few so called French restaurants in the area, but O'Bistro is the only one that serves true French food. The fact that its a BYOB restaurant makes it even more appealing. I know we will be returning to the O'Bistro Francais many times in the future.