“So So. Sause bland. Service good.”
Review of Espo's

Espo's
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Raritan
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

For typical Italian very overrated. Lasagne was flavorless so was Braciole. Very large portions but so what. I really don't understand why this place is rated so high in what I understand to be an Italian neighborhood. Live and learn.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Read a lot of great reviews, but for us it was average. Wasn't bad, wasn't rave worthy. Staff very nice. I would probably go one more time to see it maybe we just
chose poorly?? Was a bit disappointed.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

This is the first time we had dinner at Espo's in about 20 years and much to my pleasant surprise it hasn't changed a bit.
Waitress made a great cranberry and orange goose for me, just right.

I had linguine with white clam sauce, it was wonderful. Just the right amount of garlic and oil. My wife had manicotti which was very good.

We will be going back ;-)

1  Thank Plymouth1952
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We have probably been going to Espo's for 30 years. In the past few years not so much due to our schedules, but we were in the area yesterday so decided to see if they were as good as we remembered. And they ARE! My wife loves the linguini with red clam sauce. I love the steak parm. Just like I remembered it. Glad to see that they did not scale back on the size of the steak. Yeah the price is up, but still reasonable given the meal you get. And you probably get to take a meal home with the leftovers which I swear are even better the next day.

1  Thank njdogdad
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Espo's is located off the beaten path in a building the size of a ranch house. Expect a wait when you walk in the door. The bar is small, and you will likely be standing in the way of the staff and the diners while you wait. Don't worry, your patience will pay off. The small menu never disappoints. The food is amazing and portions are large. The servers and bartenders have all been there for the 20 years we have been going. Great food! A must if you're in the area.

Date of visit: June 2018