“Food that is far above the rest!”

The Poached Pear Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Poached Pear Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THE POACHED PEAR BISTRO Located at 816 Arnold Ave in the beautiful shore community of Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey The Poached Pear Bistro is a stylish, yet family friendly, BYO contemporary American restaurant featuring excellent food and reasonable prices in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Chef-owner Scott Giordano, formerly executive chef at Whispers in Spring Lake, NJ, and sous chef at the Saddle River Inn in Saddle River, NJ, and his highly professional kitchen and wait staff are committed to providing patrons with a truly pleasing and memorable dining experience. Close
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The poached Pear has outstanding food, with unique recipes loaded with layers of flavor. The garlic shrimp is actually cooked, topped with a creamy sauce with roasted pepper all resting on a bruschetta type piece of toast. The lobster special looks like something out of a magazine. A 1 1/2 pound lobster sits a top a crab cake, inside a fried, lightly crisp wonton shell. Every bite is perfectly cooked and delicious! The cheesecake was very good, and clearly homemade. The kitchen forgot my salad's dressing, but with the appetizers, dinners, and desserts being so far above any other restaurant, I have to rate them with all five stars.

1  Thank Tara N

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My son made reservations to take me there for my birthday. I've wanted to try it for a while. He had to take an earlier reservation that we would have liked and while there, several tables ended up empty.

Food was very good & would get 5 stars. While the server was telling us the specials, she didn't stop playing with her hair. I was cringing, but figured if I asked her to go wash her hands, she'd probably spit in my food.
When it came to pouring wine or water, she reached in front of us rather than moving around the table.
And if that wasn't enough, my friend brought Proseco to celebrate with dessert. When asked how many glasses we needed and saying 3, the server said "you mean 4" and came back with 4 glasses & proceeded to pour herself a glass. We were speechless!
I wanted to say something when we were leaving, but my son requested I not.

I would go back for the food, but a place that's priced as a 5 star should really educate the staff on appropriate behavior.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This place is the best kept secret on the Jersey Shore! The food is outstanding and the service was top tier. Not to mention, it's BYOB which is fantastic! We went with a 4 and 7 year old and the kids menu was great ($12 for filet mignon - my daughter gobbled it up!) You are missing out if you haven't been! GO!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The Poached Pear is the best kept secret on the Jersey Shore! The food is outstanding and the service is very professional. And it's a BYOB which is always nice. And they have a kid's menu ($12 for filet mignon - what?). Having been there several times, we've had the clams and mussels appetizer (had to get more bread to soak up the delicious broth), the foie gras (seared perfectly - not on the menu, just ask), the rare tuna was perfect, the lamp chops are to die for, the filet mignon melted in my mouth, their home made ice cream was heavenly......I could go on and on. Get the picture? Don't hesitate - GO!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We had an excellent dinner, served professionally. I had the mussels and clams appetizer which was excellent. My husband had the corn soup - also excellent. For entrees we had the Mahi-Mahi and the lobster special. Both of these meals could not have been any better. We will definitely return. It is a BYOB .
Wonderful meal and service. Such a pleasure to be there.