“Soft Shell Crab Sandwich”

The Shrimp Box & Outside The Box Patio Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shrimp Box & Outside The Box Patio Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Local caught seafood, steaks and cocktails are served at this enduring waterfront eatery with nautical decor & outdoor patio seating. Family Owned and Operated since the 1950's, this a must visit Jersey Shore staple.
Reviewed 2 August 2017

My wife and I visited Point Peasant when the temp was in the 90’s and we’re looking forward to having lunch indoors at the Shrimp box to cool off. When we got there at 12:30 two large buses were parked in front and had just off loaded a ton of people, so we decided to eat at the outdoor patio. My wife ended up ordering a fried shrimp entre and I had the soft shell crab sandwich. My soft shell crab was large and tasty. My wife said her lunch was very good but felt it was pricey for the amount of shrimp. Our server was nice and polite. We would have enjoyed our lunch even more if we had been inside with some air conditioning.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I will start with the service, it was very good and professional, no complaints there. The food was to be desired, I had the King Crab legs and they were over cooked and served warm on the cool side. The entire meal was not something that I would rave about and the atmosphere was loud. We had made a reservation but still had about a 20 minute wait for the table and once we were seated I had noticed that there were a fair amount of empty tables. I would bypass this restaurant in the future as there are many options in the immediate vicinity.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Great food, fun atmosphere and friendly staff! Wanted to sit outside, but longer wait time than inside. We were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed sitting at the bar for only 20 minutes before we got a table by the window!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

It looks nice but the seafood was all very over cooked. I had the captain's platter that came with a wide sample of food. The scallops were only cooked on one side but still like rubber. Same with the shrimp and lobster. Everything needed seasoning and for the price you could have eaten at the Poached Pear Bistro. Go there instead.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Great service! Our waiter was all over the place but remembered everything we asked for and brought it in a timely manner. Food was good, loved sitting outside checking out the boats, great with 2 little ones, I wasn't afraid they would make noise because we were outside on a packed patio with music playing. They don't take reservations unless over party of 6, wait time is over an hour at dinner, we got there at 5:15PM, sat outside no wait, but was 20 min wait indoors, when we left after our meal the wait was insane. We tried to get to the shrimp box 3 days in a row, leaving each time because of the wait, highly recommend this restaurant but get there for 5pm!