“Delcious lobster roll full of chunky lobster”
Review of Red's Lobster Pot

Red's Lobster Pot
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 22 June 2017

My husband and I had lunch in May during the off season. We enjoyed sitting outside watching commercial fishing vessels leaving the inlet. The lobster roll was one of the best I've ever had, full of chunky pieces of fresh lobster. We shared a bowl of muscles in a garlic sauce that was so good that not only did we use the bread provided to soak up the sauce, but used the roll that came with the lobster as well. This restaurant appeared to be very popular with local customers as well as visitors. Prices were very good. The lobster roll with coleslaw and potato chips was $3.00 cheaper that other fancier restaurants. There is ample parking which is another plus.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Fresh seafood, good service! It can be a little pricey depending on what you order but well worth the cost!!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Searched on tripadvisor for a restaurant near the boardwalk and decided on Red's. Asked a local for a restaurant recommendation and they also said Red's Lobster Pot. Service was professional and very friendly, we opted for the inside dining due to the 93 degree temps outside. Portions were huge and yummie! Sangria was refreshing and not too sweet. Really want to go back again and dine outside next time.

2  Thank Melanie T
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We gave Red's Lobster Pot another try after a multiple year hiatus, now I remember why such a long hiatus. We had the worst steamers on the planet. The menu is extremely limited. The management is as arrogant as ever. Their system resembles McDonalds at ten times the price. I would suggest you go anywhere else. And to the manager who told me to never come back to her restaurant no problem. Hell will freeze over first.. move along folks there is nothing to see here. There are lots of better sea food places in Point.

1  Thank Ed M
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Red's continues to earn its reputation as the best seafood restaurant at the Jersey Shore. In 25+ years of patronage, I've yet to order from the regular menu as the whiteboard specials are always intriguing (see photo). Last week I ordered the Shrimp and Scallops with wild mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and broccolini in a carbonara sauce tossed over fettucini. The scallops must have been fresh caught - best I've tasted in years. Portions are generous (we usually have to take half home - just as good the next day); entree prices may seem a bit on the high side, but it is a BYO.

Red's atmosphere is unique - 32 seats, red-checkered tablecloths, a view of the fishing fleet and the Manasquan Inlet. Service is always attentive, and the kitchen flexible in accommodating food preferences. We go through withdrawal when it closes down for the winter.

2  Thank JerseyShoreJohn