“Alert Michelin - Star Is Born in Point Pleasant”

Half Moon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Half Moon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Recently had multi-course, multi-hour lunch at Half Moon with a friend who lives in the Provence Region of France. We both agreed that the salad, the foie gras, the lamb and desert were the best lunch we have ever had. Let me repeat - ever, thanks to Bass the Executive Chef and Mike. The salad had carmalized goat cheese with hint of honey white balsamic dressing surrounded by expertly shaped cucumber bowl. The foie gras (when available) was combined with a berry compote of raspberries, blue berries and was devine. Not done yet, followed by rolled lamb atop whipped potatoes, finished with a great cheesecake with carmelized sugar top. Bass grew up in Paris, has been a chef at other fine dining establishments and is a trained pastry chef. When you go, do not shy away from inventive ingredients. Yet, if you are seeking other favorites, like a hamburger, consider the California Burger Salad. Or calamari, graham cracker coated, sweet with spicy dipping sauce. Half Moon is the name of Henry Hudson's ship which discovered the river flowing by NYC and the Barnegat Bay and now its name sake restaurant has discovered some of the best food in the region. It's your mission - visit and enjoy.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Terrible experience....we went with a group of 12.... had a large table....servers gave bread basket with about four rolls in it...had to ask about 5 times for more bread. Waited forever for food. When it finally came, it was all cold. Salmon was dry, calamari was soggy, temperature off on meat... Won't be back!

1  Thank Bkjkk25
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Wow is all I can say my friend Cathy and I were so impressed!We both had the Lobster grilled cheese sandwiches mine with fries ,she had slaw-you can't believe the amount of Lobster in the sandwich I would say a whole Lobster tails worth of lobster!Absolutely delicious with a side of tomato bisque to dip the sandwich in!!Cant wait to go back in! And our server Ryan was great also!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

The food deserves this accolade for sure. First night they decided on a duo that took way too long to set up and hovered around our table which was distracting and annoying to say the least. But I digress..let's talk about the classically French trained chef. Exceptional. I tasted every nuance of each item on my dish, whether it be a piece of carrot or a haricot vert or mushroom each was treated with respect and elevated to the same level as the main or other sides. The short rib Wellington was delicious as were the garlic mashed that accompanied this dish. Perfection. My sqeeze went with 3 appy's starting with the incredible graham cracker crusted calamari drizzled with balsamic with the most delicious hot butter combo, fabulous! Next he had the escargot with Brussels sprouts and the pork belly. The escargot was a touch dry and could have been enhanced by more of the delicious Brussel sprouts,but very good never the less. The pork belly which can be very salty could have used a touch more salt, but was still excellent. Not sure what this restaurant wants to be when it grows up, but my vote is for an upscale French restaurant and not another beach bar. Having traveled extensively in Europe I guess I'm spoiled. Loved it!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

What a beautiful place! Upstairs dining with separate bar and kitchen! Outside dining. I went for lunch and returned for dinner with friends! Crab cake was delicious. Lobster meals were even better. Same owners has Harpoon Willy's so you know the burgers are the best!
Plenty of craft brews and the wait staff is very pleasant and efficient