“We always come for the linguine puttanesca”

Romeo's Restaurant & Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2020

We had lunch at Romeo's about two weeks ago. I don't think they offered indoor dining, only outdoor seating. They do a good job recreating the "dine on a patio in Europe" feel with the exception the patio faces a shopping center parking lot. This wasn't a big deal.

We done for the linguine puttanesca. It's the best we have had. It's consistently great. This $12+ meal came with soup or salad. The chicken soup was ok. My wife was happy with her salad. The pasta was wonderful!

Romeo's is a byob restaurant, but we didn't bring a bottle this time. We stuck to water.

It was a fine experience. We will plan on coming back.

Date of visit: August 2020
2  Thank Bryce S
Write a reviewReviews (159)

Reviewed 14 June 2020

Romeo's is great for pizza take out. They make a marinara pie (no cheese) that is fantastic. Also, since COVID-19, they have reconfigured the take-out area so that it is as safe as possible, installing plexiglass dividers between the staff and customers. Finally, every staff member wears a mask (unlike at least one other pizza place I've visited). It's hot wearing a mask near the ovens so I really praise the Romeo management and staff for going out of their way to maintain a safe and healthy working environment for themselves and their customers. Thank you!!!

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 2 December 2019

went to dinner w/family,14 of us. Sat us next to the bathrooms and the exit. We complained it was cold, they said they would turn up heat. They never did, just told us it was 80degrees up front! Smell from the bathrooms was horrible. Waitress was rude when asked where certain dinners were? She said she was well aware of it! Couldn't wait until dinner was over to leave and never return!!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 16 November 2019

Our daughter recently moved to Plainsboro and has already eaten here a few times when she recommended that we meet her at Romeos for lunch. When we first walked in we found ourselves inside a typical pizza parlor but when we said we were planning to sit down and order lunch we were escorted to a lovely restaurant complete with tablecloths that seemed to have been added on when the pizza parlor expanded. We were seated by the window and were given very extensive menus. I kicked myself for having eaten a big breakfast because there were lots of great looking Italian dishes. Our waiter brought us a basket of warm bread that was a welcome treat since they tasted freshly baked. I ordered an arugula salad but my daughter ordered tortellini that I tasted and I thought it had a great taste. The service was excellent and I anticipate returning for future meals. I’ll make sure to skip breakfast the next time we come!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 7 July 2019

We had lunch at Romeo's in plainsboro recently. It's a go to favorite then we are shopping in the Route 1 or Route 130 area near Princeton.

It's in a strip shopping mall. There's a pizza place connected, although each has a separate space. We go for a few reasons. It's a byob. The calamari is excellent, although we haven't been ordering it lately because we can't finish everything they put in front of you.

The rolls are excellent. This might sound surprising, but I think they are made of pizza dough. They are warm. I usually go for the salad with house balsamic dressing, which is included (or soup) with entrees.

I always order the pasta puttanesca, which is the best I've had anywhere. It runs about $10.95. My wife tried the eggplant rolatini this time. She said it was excellent.

Are there negatives? The place has no atmosphere, but the food is good. That's enough to keep us coming back.

Date of visit: July 2019