“Slow fun over salsa and chips ”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #35 of 165 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

It is my favorite restaurant to go and get "firecrackers" with some other food. First thing, that time it's been slow, we get food very late, no one rush with chips and salsa to, took 15 min to get it to the table , and another good half hour or more to appetizers , and then about one hour finally we get served food. So taste good, however service slow. If you not on the rush ok to spend some time there

1  Thank FisherManGreg

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We went on a summer evening for dinner. It wasn't crowded (5:30pm) and they sat us right away. A bit cold from the air conditioner blasting. Our server Sam (girl) came right away to take our drinks. We placed the whole order right away. Husband ordered margarita and a beer. Drinks came (without beer). Then the appetizers came, and while she was making our guacamole by our table my husband mentioned : "I'm sorry, I forgot if I ordered a beer or not". Her reply was "oh, yeah..."
Not: "I'm sorry, I'll go right now" or "yes, I am sorry, I forgot"
Oh, well.
She left us with two tray of appetizers on the table. Without plates. We ate everything straight from the trays. It's not a big deal. But, really?
Once the main meals came, my daughter couldn't eat right away because she ordered her tacos with ranch sauce (don't ask) and the sauce was missing. It took a while to track down Sam and ask her about it.
The food is good. A bit on the salty side, but hey, it's mexican.
Love their drinks.
The burrito was so big, my husband took half home and he had it the next day for lunch.
We always enjoy the food there. The service is definitely hit or miss.
In this case, she needs some more training.

1  Thank 684stones
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We've had them cater 2 events now and both times they were wonderful. From planning to set up! We had a taco bar for Cinco de Mayo at my office and decided in August to do it again it was so good! Plenty of food!!! We had 25 people told them 20 and we had left overs!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Great Mexican food at a great price . Service was quick and fast drinks were great. Mice casual environment great for dates & family dinners.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped into This On the Border for lunch. We love on the border but do not have one near us in florida so when we travel if there is one close by we try it. This one in Paramus was ok not great as we are use too. The service was painfully slow and the place was not crowded. First there was no one to seat us so I tracked down a server who could not find the hostess so he sat us. Then we waited about ten minutes for someone to show up for our order. We both had shrimp tacos and the taco shell tasted very odd. The best thing was the chips and salsa. They did not impress us at all.