US$296
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$330/night.

Ocean Front Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$289
Blue Water Inn(Ocean City)
US$170
US$153
Ocean Breeze Hotel(Ocean City)
US$182
US$572
US$323
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$415/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewsjuice boxeswet barcoastline viewdouble sinkspink hotelpool tagsocean frontoff seasonopen for breakfast and lunchthe jersey shoregreat oceanquiet endfront desk staffparking lotking roomthe room was niceshore hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Great Hotel, we stayed with 4 families. It is located just after the craziness of the boardwalk fun so you are close enough to it all yet just far enough to not be bothered by the noise and heavy foot traffic.
Pool is nice and an added bonus of a restaurant located in the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Glenn L, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We're so glad that enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Traveled June 2017 - I had booked the king coastline view room a month in advance and indicated a late check in ...we arrived around 10-10:30pm. We checked in - not very welcoming - arrived at our room. Upon first glance room seemed nice enough...I typically wipe down room remote and some surface areas that may not be cleaned everytime by hotel staff. The end table and lamp next to bed were quite dusty. This should have been a clue for me.

My boyfriend took a shower first as I went out on balcony. I then came in to get a shower and we adjusted the lighting so he could sleep and I could get in bed after my shower (plenty of light from the bathroom area). Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night and the room was very muggy and sheets seemed wet. At first I thought I hadn't closed the door to the balcony properly and the humidity seeped into the room. This was not the case. The air conditioner didn't seem like it could keep up, however this was not THE huge issue. I went to the bathroom and came back to bed, sheets still seemed wet - this is probably around 5 am or so. I leaned over to see if my boyfriend thought they were wet and he was out, however I now smelled URINE! By my HEAD!! Gross! I, of course, could no longer sleep. Since it was a king bed and this grossness was on my side I decided to let my boyfriend sleep. When he woke up around 6:30am I asked him about the area.

I have to say I am extremely disappointed. You see I have always wanted to stay at the Port-O-Call since I was a kid. We spent many summers in OCNJ. Family members have stayed here and even worked here at one time. Once had a great reputation - HUGE LET DOWN.
My boyfriend and I walked down to the front desk and he notified them of the problem. He was very calm and said he had a concern. I then walked over after checking out the pool area to calm myself. We were offered another room or could stay where we were once they cleaned the bed. We were headed to breakfast and said we'd let them know.

After breakfast at Uncle Bill's (yum) we were given a new room. We figured even if they steem cleaned the mattress it wouldn't be dry in time for that night. They had this weird padding between the sheets and mattress. My boyfriend and I think that they changed the sheets, but not the padding and the urine (I am asuuming from a baby do to location) seeped through when the room got humid from the air conditioning not keeping up.

They give us new keys, we pack up our things - not one offer of assitance to move our luggage from room to room. We got back to our room to pack up and there was a HUGE urine stain near the head of the bed! So GROSS.

We arrive at the new room ( one floor down and closer to parking lot than beach) and just as we are getting ready to put key in door a maid indicates that there is someone in the room!!! Apparantly they just installed a new room software or something. So now I head down to the front desk and say to my boyfriend stay here! I speak with Yetta and she says she's sorry etc etc and proceeds to give a new room. She says she promises that no one is in the next room. Again, no offer to assist us moving. This room is up two floors now - same location as second, but not same location we originally had). I explained my disappointment and Yetta said she'll talk to management. She even commented on how calm my boyfriend had been the first time. She said if there is a problem with this third room that I could call her and yell at her. I said that is not in my nature to yell. (Maybe I should have I may have gotten better treatment!!)

We get to the THIRD room and there appear to be no issues.
We try to make the most of our day. The only day we had in OCNJ. We had arrived late Friday and were checking out early Sunday. Not much time left after all the room switching. We made the best of it. However on the beach a seagull decided to poop on hat... so there's that. We got showers and went out to dinner.

We hear nothing from the hotel staff until we arrive back after dinner and a walk. We arrive to our room and maid staff had been there and there are four choclates on our bed. Chocolates????? Really??? Is that the best you can do? I see the phone let with a message. They left a message on the phone around 9:30pm -more than 12 hours later!!! from Stephanie that they were looking at refunding Friday night. This was very disappointing since we lost half our day because of their lack of cleaniness. At this point, I have my boyfriend check this bed. I am beyond disappointed and very tired from all the moving around from room to room... I try to sleep.. ugh...

Sunday we got up, went to breakfast (not at hotel) and checked out. I returned the pool tags and beach tags... but they still charged me the $25 resort fee!!! So now I am home a week and no refund. ( I booked using miles and evidently they went through Expedia). So I call the hotel and ask for Yetta and she checks that they did refund one night to Expedia.

What is THE MOST disappointing is the lack of follow up from this hotel and only receiving one night refund. They should have bent over backwards for us...I unknowingly slept with someone else's urine!!!! They should offered a free breakfast, offered another weekend over Labor Day or something!!!

When I called about not seeing the refund. I explained how I was very disppaointed in no follow up and Yetta said, well you checked out early and I wasn't on so I assumed everything was taken care of for you when I came in on Monday. OMG.

We headed to Sea Isle Sunday morning for a baptism and I was sure to tell everyone and anyone that would listen. Don't stay at Port-O-Call... very bad customer service and no followup, not clean. Disgusting!!!!

***Note to those who use miles - I have still not been refunded and this is over a month later. I have followed up twice with Mileage Company and apparantly the first time I called the refund was there but not linked to my account. The second time I called they said it will be another 10 days... so we'll see.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank diwadds
Glenn L, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Ms. Waddington,
Thank you for your review! We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Cleanliness at the Port-O-Call Hotel is a top priority and is reflected in the vast majority of our reviews. I personally inspected the bedding in your room as I was quite upset by the idea that our housekeeping department would knowingly clean a room and put wet, urine stained sheets on the bed. However, I did not observe a urine odor or associated stain. The housekeeper responsible for your room has been with the hotel for many years, she is one of our finest employees and is aware that this would not only be unacceptable but would also be grounds for immediate termination. In addition, you mention that your A/C unit was having "trouble keeping up" during your first night, possibly causing the humidity to make the sheets wet. I retain detailed monthly records of daily weather conditions and can report that the outside temperature on the evening you checked-in was 49 degrees.

I do apologize that you were checked into an occupied room during your room change. We did transition to a new property management system (2) days prior to your arrival, but there is really no acceptable excuse for this and should have not happened. I did meet with our front desk staff immediately to ensure this does not happen again. I am happy that you found no cleanliness or any other issues with your second room or during the remainder of your stay.

I as well as my front office management staff made several attempts to contact you in your room but received no answer. Finally, we left you a voice mail informing you that we were going to comp your first night at $230.23, which I felt was adequate compensation for the issues you experienced. Unfortunately, since you booked you reservation through Expedia we do not have access to your personal phone number and were unable to contact you directly. To my knowledge, no further issues were reported during your stay or at the time of check-out, so we did assume all was well. I would like to mention that you did leave your personal telephone number with Yetta when you contacted us regarding your refund. Shannon, our Front Office Manager attempted to contact you directly to verify the fact that we submitted the refund to Expedia and left a voice mail message for you to return her call regarding this matter. Consequently, since we never received a response, we assumed you had received your refund. Unfortunately, although we did submit your refund immediately to Expedia, we have no further control on when Expedia issues your refund and/or points.

The chocolates you mention in your review was not part of your compensation, but was left for you during your turndown service.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stayed at Port-O-Call a decade ago, so it was nice to return and see that the rooms were updated/refreshed. We had a king-sized bed with pull-out couch, partial sea view, fridge, sink, table, safe. It's expensive in-season but to me it was worth paying extra because it's on the boardwalk next to the beach (AND, for comparison, we looked at pictures of a cheaper place with carpeting and a sofa that just looked icky). The beds are firm. The pool was refreshing, the snackbar convenient, the exercise room decently equipped. You couldn't get lost on the beach or boardwalk because the pink hotel stands out in the crowd. One odd thing is that there's really no place to hang your wet towels and bathing suits. We definitely would go back. We like Ocean City. So much nicer than Wildwood.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are excited to hear that you returned to the Port-O-Call Hotel after a decade. We take great pride in the fact that we consistantly update and improve our hotel every year during the winter months. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities the Port-O-Call has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel was extremely clean. The staff was very attentive. The walk to the main part of the boardwalk was perfect. They have a nice size pool that is great to end your beach day at. There are two close entrances to the beach and beach tags are included in your stay.

1  Thank johncarp13

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel extremely clean and location perfect.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sincerely.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Spent 5 days at the Port-O-Call and enjoyed my stay. The view from my room was beautiful. I had a balcony that was ocean view so waking up to the beach view was a plus. One minus was the restaurant in the hotel. Went for breakfast once and was not impressed, plus they do not serve dinner.

Store in the hotel was also a minus, was aimed more towards the pool than anything.

The best part of the hotel was the staff. Every single person was friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank EMM119

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and helpful. Customer service is such a huge part of our training program and remains a focus every day. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast and I would love to speak to you about that. Over the years, we have tried to sell many different items in our Gift Shop only to have surplus inventory remaining at the end of the season. The items currently available in our gift shop are based on sales numbers and guests needs. However, if our guests have items they would like to see in our gift shop we would love to hear about it.

As alway, we look forward to seeing you again!