“Keep Driving”
Review of Port-O-Call Hotel

Port-O-Call Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 29 June 2017

This"iconic" beach front resort is a DUMP
Despite its location, which in my case, can mean a view of the parking lot, not the ocean
One has to wonder why spend your hard earned money where it is not appreciated
Front staff RUDE
Manager missing at lunchtime Could not care less Never responded to 2 messages
TV Broken
Safe Broken
A/C None
Carpets dirty Tub Cracked
Deck paint pealing
Maid service slow and lacking
WHY I ASK WHY

Room Tip: Go to a bed and breakfast
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Howard A H
Glenn L, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We take every review seriously, which is why I always make every effort to address all reviews.

1. Your characterization of our beautiful beach front resort could not be further from the truth. The Port-O-Call Hotel is consistently upgraded and enhanced every year during the off season. Our owners, management and staff take great pride in this hotel and strive every day to be the best that we can be. This fact is evident based on the many wonderful reviews we receive.

2. The room you chose to reserve was a King Coastline room which has a beautiful view of the entire coastline and does not overlook any parking lot. In addition, we offer (3) different views, direct ocean front, coastline view and city/bay view (which is on the parking lot side of the hotel). When making your reservation, you chose the room type and view, it is not randomly assigned. In this case, you chose a coastline view, which again, offers a magnificent view of both the ocean and coastline.

3. As the GM, I am on property more than not and I am always visible and eager to ensure our guests enjoy their experience during their stay with us. I'm baffled by your comment stating "manager missing at lunch time" as I am always present whether it be in the restaurant, front desk, walking the grounds or where ever I'm needed to ensure a smooth operation of the hotel. Also, in the many years I have been the GM at the POC, I have never and would never ignore a message from a guest as customer service is always my top priority. Since you booked your reservation through a third party, I can only assume that your messages were left with them.

4. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your TV and safe. I did investigate our maintenance log book and found that the safe was not broken, but required (2) batteries. I found that the issue with the TV was not that it was broken but simply needed to be turned off and back on to reset it. Again, I do apologize for this inconvenience. Although an issue with the A/C was never reported, I did check the unit and found it to be in perfect working order. In the event a unit does malfunction, we keep several brand-new units in stock which can be changed out within 10 minutes.

5. As far as dirty carpets, cracked tub and peeling paint, I found no evidence of this upon close inspection by myself and Executive Housekeeper. Also, if a tub were actually cracked, the rooms below would certainly flood.

I am always available to speak with you in the event that you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

What a lovely, customer focused this hotel is! We had an ocean front, corner, King room. It was clean, spacious, and nicely appointed! The bell hop told us that it had been renovated over the winter as had many of the other rooms.
The hotel is situated on the boardwalk but just far enough away from the commotion and noise of the rides and eateries on the boardwalk.
We had breakfast in the restaurant, Adeline, twice and it was delicious!
We're looking forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mwjsd3
Glenn L, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer service is a huge priorty at the Port-O-Call Hotel so I'm happy you experienced that first hand. I would also like to thank you for eating at our beautiful Adelene restaurant. We are really proud of the fact that we were voted "Best At The Shore" for breakfast by South Jersey Magazine.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Such a nice group of people who work at this hotel. We checked in for a Sat night with our 2 kids, 3 & 6. The staff were wonderful. The room is spacious and very clean. The pool area is great. The beach is right across the boardwalk. Just overall, an enjoyable stay. I actually had nothing to complain about, and that's unusual for me :-)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank WhoNeedsAName

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I would like to thank you for complimented our staff I will make sure to share your review with them. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We've been coming to OCNJ for years and the Port-O-Call is by far the most accommodating and premier location on the Boardwalk. The rooms are spacious and meticulous. They've recently renovated the lobby and rooms with new carpet, wallpaper and decor. The pool is well maintained and in excellent condition. If you're coming for a Shore holiday, look no further. Their staff are hospitable and provide concierge type see and great recommendations.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank MJEDNAT
Glenn L, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and we are always excited to share all of the updates and renovations which take place during the winter months.

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We stay at the Port-O-Call pretty much every year. We just love the location - right on the beach & boardwalk (but away from the noise) and close to lots of places to eat. Always, always, always exceptionally clean rooms and very friendly staff. My only negative comment is that many of the rooms have blinds over the air conditioner which are not covered with drapes and this setup lets a lot of light in in early morning. Before the room refurb, there were drapes there instead of blinds but they blocked the air conditioner so I know why they removed them. There should be a way to rectify this situation - maybe with shorter drapes.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RayS-USA

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadisor. I would also like to thank you for remaining such loyal guests of the Port-O-Call Hotel, we really do appreciate your business and feedback. I'm happy to hear that you found the hotel exceptionally clean and our staff friendly. As we again begin to update our rooms, the blinds will be removed and replaced with drapes. We have already begun this process in our coastline view rooms.

Thanks again for your review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean City
0.2 km away
Ocean Front Motel
Ocean Front Motel
#12 of 31 in Ocean City

Been to Port-O-Call Hotel? Share your experiences!