“They CHARGE For Refills”

Ventura's Offshore Cafe
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Northfield
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

The place was packed for half-price appetizers and cheap drinks. The music was very loud and carried into the dining area. The food was only slightly better than OK (there was a lot of grease). But the big surprise was that they charge for refills of diet cola! Pretty miserly behavior in this day and age. Won’t be rushing back.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I'm a Jersey Girl transplanted to the Midwest, where it is not an easy task to get a really great Italian meal. So I was happy to go with friends to Ventura's on a recent visit. Hadn't been there and it 15 years, but they still have Italian seafood to die for. Appreciate what you have, folks, and raise glass of house red to the less fortunate folks who don't have it near as good as you do.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for years. I have. Always enjoyed their linguine with white clam sauce. It has changed a bit over the years but it is till one of my favorites. Several years back, the chef used to dress up this dish with a couple sticks of uncooked spaghetti and some basil. It also had full cloves of garlic in the sauce. But, even without the great presentation, it is still great linguine with white clam sauce. My wife raved about her eggplant rollentini. Great food, great atmosphere, great time!

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Food and service were fine but I will never go back for one reason and one reason only. No free refills on Pepsi. I mean seriously? This is the highest profit margin item on the menu. All I wanted was an extra splash to finish washing my meal down. In an effort to be cheap, they have cost themselves a customer. I mean seriously, this is the first restaurant I’ve been to in ages that didn’t give free refills on non alcoholic or specialty drinks. It’s not about cost either. It’s purely principle. It’s a shame, we go down every summer to visit family. Crossing them off the list moving
forward.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Good food 1/2 price appetizers on SUNDAY ALL DAY. I had their muscles in red sauce very good , nice portions, service ok waited a while to get bread , but ok for 1/2 price. Can’t complain about that. Would not pay full price for what we had