“Delicious dinner”

Leone's Trattoria
Ranked #31 of 119 Restaurants in North Brunswick
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 8 February 2015

We were looking for a midway point to meet family and saw the reviews on Tripadvisor. The food was delicious. We enjoy restaurants where you can BYOB. Great restaurant although the decor is a little 1980's. We will definitely go again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were in the area and luckily found this place in a little shopping center on RT130. It's BYOB but there is a liquor store in the same plaza. The lasagna (12.95) looked like a brick, nice and high and tasty, but more than I could eat. The couple with me had the Chicken Balsamico (17.95), and she said it was very good. The Rigatoni in Vodka Sauce (13.95) caused a clean plate. All dinners came with a salad and delicious hot bread.
Love checking out local places and this one is worth the trip. Attentive waiter, good food, who could ask for more.

1  Thank wejTampa
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We pulled off Route 130N on a cold, rainy night with low expectations. We were staying in the area and had been through a number of less than stellar neighborhood joints where quantity was the driving factor. We ordered fresh Swordfish Livornese with great trepidation, and a house specialty Eggplant Rollatine. Wow!! were we impressed. Fresh, succulent delicate swordfish in a light white wine and caper sauce, and tender lightly breaded eggplant in a fresh tomato sauce. I wish I'd known how good everything would be, so I could have stopped to pick up a good bottle of wine. (For the unaware: local NJ restaurants often have no liquor license but permit patrons to bring in their own bottles. I've never run into a corkage fee--but keep your cork and wine bag in case you don't finish the bottle!)

The portions were a bit on the small side, but as travelers, it worked for us because we didn't have to leave food behind or take a styrofoam container back to the hotel room fridge, which then gets tossed in two days. The bread was fresh and hot, and the salads had more variety than I expected in the depths of winter. The main reason for 4 stars is the price to value relationship--while the food was very good, I thought it was a bit expensive. More of what you'd expect to pay in a tablecloth restaurant, rather than a partial pizza and take-out place, although the dining room was very nicely done and separated by a 4 foot wall. The decor is somewhere between industrial urban and cottage chic, and judging by the other patrons keeping their jackets and coats on, I wasn't the only one who was chilly.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

"Default" is not a bad thing here. When I lived in the area and no one felt like cooking, someone would yell "Let's go to Leone's" And we did. The food is fresh and tasty. Try the lasagna, it's the size of a brick. (The waitress once told me that I was the first person she'd ever seen eat the whole thing.) This is not a "destination" restaurant, but absolutely worth a visit if you are in the area.